View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 02:33 PM   #14
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Could be it gets confused when you are traveling libraries. Mine indicates where it comes from so it seems like it should handle it. Dunno. I don't use it as I haven't figured out how to disable auto conversion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
It can handle multiple libraries. I have a legacy username account, an AmazonUS account, and an AmazonUK account. All are downloaded as expected. As for auto-conversion, I'm not sure what you mean. The whole point of Libation is to create a DRM-Free, archival, copy of your Audible library. To do that, it must remove the DRM and "convert" the file to M4B (or MP3 if you insist). The M4B format is essentially the same as the .aax/.aaxc format, but with the DRM removed. If all you want to do is listen to your books using the Audible application, you don't need Libation. If you want to archive your books and remove the DRM, you do.
I was trying to test it out with a few new books from Audible UK; that was the only account I set it up to use. And it did see all the books in that account--from the online account itself, not what was on my computer. I just couldn't figure out what to do from that point, since it wouldn't recognize they were downloaded, or re-download them. I never reached the point of trying to convert them, or otherwise try to use any library management options.

I went back to aaxtomp3 to convert and will continue to use my own spreadsheet and file system for audiobook library management.

It's too bad that Calibre doesn't have a plug-in that would read metadata and covers from Audible. That option would make it really useful.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote