View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 06:13 PM   #9
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I don’t have this problem, but I’m very interested in this topic because I have a Kobo Mini as well. I’m running 4.35.20400 on it currently. It’s due for an update, but I haven’t been in a rush to do it.

You might have a problem with your current update. In my search on the net on this topic, I’ve come across many threads where older Kobos suddenly don’t show Wi-Fi connections. They all seemed to run into this problem after an update, though their situations were all different.

You haven’t mentioned if you can connect to your desktop computer through a USB cable. I’m wondering if Kobo Desktop can see your Mini. If your Mini can mount to your computer, you might want to back up its database.

Calibre makes a backup of the database when I mount my Kobos, but I also run this script on my Mac once a month for a more comprehensive backup.

Code:
#!/bin/sh                                                       
mkdir (destination folder)     
cp -Rvp /Volumes/KOBOeReader/ (destination folder)                                              
open (destination folder)
After I backed thing up, there are a few things I would try if I was in your situation. First, I would try to reinstall the firmware that worked prior to this upgrade. Some people find that downgrading a firmware restores functionality. It’s possible that you had a router problem which you fixed, but then complicated things by also updating your firmware on your mini, which gave you a new problem.

After that, I would enter firmware reset territory. It’s complicated now due to the mandatory security update Kobo that I’m sure you’re already familiar with (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314748). But I’ll hold off going into that until we hear back from you.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote