View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 01:56 AM   #10
Jennifer78
Jennifer78 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
I don’t have this problem, but I’m very interested in this topic because I have a Kobo Mini as well. I’m running 4.35.20400 on it currently. It’s due for an update, but I haven’t been in a rush to do it.

You might have a problem with your current update. In my search on the net on this topic, I’ve come across many threads where older Kobos suddenly don’t show Wi-Fi connections. They all seemed to run into this problem after an update, though their situations were all different.

You haven’t mentioned if you can connect to your desktop computer through a USB cable. I’m wondering if Kobo Desktop can see your Mini. If your Mini can mount to your computer, you might want to back up its database.

Calibre makes a backup of the database when I mount my Kobos, but I also run this script on my Mac once a month for a more comprehensive backup.

Code:
#!/bin/sh                                                       
mkdir (destination folder)     
cp -Rvp /Volumes/KOBOeReader/ (destination folder)                                              
open (destination folder)
After I backed thing up, there are a few things I would try if I was in your situation. First, I would try to reinstall the firmware that worked prior to this upgrade. Some people find that downgrading a firmware restores functionality. It’s possible that you had a router problem which you fixed, but then complicated things by also updating your firmware on your mini, which gave you a new problem.

After that, I would enter firmware reset territory. It’s complicated now due to the mandatory security update Kobo that I’m sure you’re already familiar with (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314748). But I’ll hold off going into that until we hear back from you.
Thank you. I backed up my kobo and reverted to 4.34.20097 with no luck. I then went down the firmware this list https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html Flashed each new one, one by one testing wifi as I went all the way to the bottom without any luck with that either. I also checked my H2O version 2. It connects with my wifi just fine with its latest firmware so it seems to be a Mini problem. Is the next step a reset and would you mind to walk me through?
Jennifer78 is offline   Reply With Quote