View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 09:43 AM   #11
jviscosi
Connoisseur
jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Focus, Nook Glowlight 4/4+, Inkbook Obsidian, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsmom View Post
Where are you getting the information that the GL4 is partitioned? The website says “ 32GB memory: 29.1 GB for NOOK Store content and side-loaded content”. I don’t have the Glowlight 4, but I can say that the 4e is NOT partitioned.
I have a GL4 and the last time I plugged it into Calibre (it's been a while) it was partitioned. Not that this bothered me, as even with the partition I'm nowhere near filling it up, and I just use the GL4 for traveling so I don't put all my books on it anyway.

I also have a GL4+ and that one was not partitioned, the last time I checked, so maybe they gave up on the partitioning again after the GL4.

Incidentally, both GLs display their loaded books MUCH faster in Calibre than my InkBook, which also runs Android, is also 32GB, is also a USB-C connection, and is not partitioned, so whatever B&N is doing with the file system seems to make it a lot speedier where Calibre is concerned.
jviscosi is offline   Reply With Quote