View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 11:03 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandwo View Post
When I bought mine the sideload mode didn't exist, but it's also possible to "register" with a fake e-mail address.

The sideload mode method is better though and something I have activated anyway as it keeps the UI cleaner.
Yes to both of those. I do buy ebooks from Kobo, but my Sage is in SideloadedMode=true. All books from any source (PD or bought) are on Calibre and backed up.

Also you don't need a payment method. Amazon requires that the Amazon account needs a payment method, though sending the email a gift voucher used to work (entered on Kindle instead of Debit or Credit Card) (but only bought on US marketplace and then the Kindle with no Address would only work for buying ebooks off the US Store, but later they insisted on a real US address to use Kindle store).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote