Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM   #9631
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Someone over on github #1073 has asked:

Some basic research found this and this post.

I've proven that I can add a pyqtSignal() to FFF, emit() it after the "proceed with updating your library" dialog and get an Action Chains custom ChainEvent module to fire a chain.

The questions I have are:
  1. What events in FFF should have signals that Action Chains can monitor?
  2. What information, if any, can or should be passed via the signal(s)?
I was thinking of requesting something similar myself!

I would have it upon adding/updating a new fic, primarily. I have a 'fanfiction cleanup' chain that handles a bit of Calibre metadata processing that can't be done with FFF itself.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #9632
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
I've proven that I can add a pyqtSignal() to FFF, emit() it after the "proceed with updating your library" dialog and get an Action Chains custom ChainEvent module to fire a chain.

The questions I have are:
  1. What events in FFF should have signals that Action Chains can monitor?
  2. What information, if any, can or should be passed via the signal(s)?
More info: There are three times in FFF plugin that self.gui.proceed_question() will be called:
  1. Successful update or new download of normal book(s), and (optionally) update of error column for any failures.
  2. Successful update or new download of Anthology book. (Update/download aborts if no stories in the anthology succeeded.)
  3. Update of error column only when all updates/downloads fail (optionally).

If all of these cases emit the same signal, is that useful? Or is someone going to ask to have them separated immediately?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #9633
bigwoof
Connoisseur
bigwoof began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 32G
Quote:
[*]Successful update or new download of normal book(s), and (optionally) update of error column for any failures.[*]Successful update or new download of Anthology book. (Update/download aborts if no stories in the anthology succeeded.)[*]Update of error column only when all updates/downloads fail (optionally).
I have a chain that I run only when new books are added (it sets all the tags properly). so something that runs when new books are added would be great.

Thanks!
bigwoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #9634
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
More info: There are three times in FFF plugin that self.gui.proceed_question() will be called:
  1. Successful update or new download of normal book(s), and (optionally) update of error column for any failures.
  2. Successful update or new download of Anthology book. (Update/download aborts if no stories in the anthology succeeded.)
  3. Update of error column only when all updates/downloads fail (optionally).

If all of these cases emit the same signal, is that useful? Or is someone going to ask to have them separated immediately?
I think some separation for new and updated books makes sense.
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM   #9635
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwoof View Post
I have a chain that I run only when new books are added (it sets all the tags properly). so something that runs when new books are added would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I think some separation for new and updated books makes sense.
That's not actually on offer. FFF can and does download new stories and update existing stories at the same time. And errors, all in the same library update.

I assume you'll have to design your Action Chains to find and select the books to operate on based on the metadata written to the library columns by FFF.

I honestly haven't pursued a deep understanding of Action Chains.

FFF has options to mark Success/Fail/Chapter Error books and then 'show' them, but even then, the books are not selected.
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #9636
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

In my specific case, I design my chains to be as non-destructive as possible (I've accidentally run it over non-fanfics and gotten zero changes), but it might be a concern for other users.
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #9637
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

2024-05-28
- Add download_finished_signal for Action Chains #1073
- New Site: touchfluffytail.org (#1071) thanks dbhmw

The FFF plugin has a signal it will emit after the "proceed with updating your library" dialog.

The code for the Action Chains Module I tested with is:
Code:
from calibre_plugins.action_chains.events import ChainEvent

class SearchChanged(ChainEvent):

# replace with the name of your event
    name = 'FFF done'

def get_event_signal(self):
        return self.gui.iactions['FanFicFare'].download_finished_signal
All I've done with it is call a chain that printed 'HERE!'.

Tags
fanfiction