Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 04:40 PM   #1
tamhas
Zealot
tamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Changing file names

My wife would prefer that the file name of a book in Calibre be composed of author + title rather than title + author. Is there a way to change that? This is in the context of my inputting a book in Amazon format and then converting it to epub for her reader.
tamhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:48 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamhas View Post
My wife would prefer that the file name of a book in Calibre be composed of author + title rather than title + author. Is there a way to change that? This is in the context of my inputting a book in Amazon format and then converting it to epub for her reader.
If you are looking at the books internal to the calibre library, no. In fact, stop looking at those files and consider them a black box. When you send a book to her reader, you can use a device template to set the name.

The default template may look something like this:

Code:
{title} - {authors}
You could change it to:
Code:
{authors:sublist(0,1,&)} - {title}
or
{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)} - {title}
The :sublist(0,1,&) says to use the first item in the list so if you have more than one author, only one author name will be used. Author is generally stored firstname lastname while author_sort is lastname, firstname.

I've attached an image of the save template I use with my Kobo ereaders.
Code:
Elib/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}
Basically, this uses a directory called Elib in the root of the Kobo's exposed storage followed by a subdirectory based on the first entry in the author sort and then the ebook filename based on the title followed by the first entry in the author list. The sublisting is done to reduce the number of characters in the filename/path when you have multiple authors. The reason for using the Elib directory is that the root directory of most volumes have a limited number of filenames.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-09 105217.png
Views:	4
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	208772  

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 04:54 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert