Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 08:58 AM   #1
jkgarner
jkgarner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard Wi-Fi (B006)
Question HELP Kindle stopped reponding...

My K3 Keyboard (B0006) stopped responding after connecting it to Calibre through USB.

I received it as a gift from my sister-in-law, who no longer used it.
I de-registered it from her account, but could not register it under my account... She was unable to provide account verification information because she had moved MANY times since purchasing it from a store. So according to Amazon it is essentially blacklisted.

After that fiasco, I manually loaded 19 books through USB from my computer.
I then used the instructions by NiLuJe to jailbreak it and load python. It worked for several days after that.

Wanting someway to track a library and control loading to the device, I downloaded and installed Calibre. I then pulled the books from the device to Calibre. Then it stopped working, "froze"
It is in screensaver mode, and is unresponssive to the power button to activate it.

Any ideas on what to do with it? Right now it is a paperweight.

Holding the button to force a restart does nothing.

, at it worked flawlessly for several days. I then connected to Calibre and pulled the books that I have previously ,
jkgarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:26 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
What does the amber/green light at the switch do when you try to charge?

I've seen the battery fail quite suddenly on two of these. The battery (really a cell) is easily replaced. The K3 won't start even on charger if the battery dies.

The registration for a K3 is possible, but you need a code via SMS or email. There is a thread on it here somewhere.
It might not be actually blacklisted.

Also originally the K3 did not support PDF, a FW update adds it.
Quote:
Kindle Keyboard (3rd Generation)
Your serial number starts with B008 download this file.
Your serial number starts with B006 download this file.
Your serial number starts with B00A download this file.
Note: If your device is on a version older than 3.4.2, please visit Previous Software Updates for Kindle E-Reader for instructions.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...MQC26VQQMM8XSW

The most likely thing is that it needs a replacement battery.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert