Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-25-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
FennecTheFox
FennecTheFox began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5
Calibre won't load.

I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed.

I just installed Calibre (64 bit) on my Windows 7 64 bit OS

I converted 1 book (conversion seems fine)
I closed Calibre and tried to load it a few hours later and it says
"Not responding" and asks me whether I want to wait or close the program etc.

I don't know what went wrong during the few hours when I wasn't using Calibre, but it seems very unusual to me.
FennecTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your antivirus program updated its definitions in the background and has now decided to break calibre?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
I had problems with it too. I tried two different versions and had the same problem with both-- when I tried to add books, I got a blank window with just two buttons on the bottom but nothing else and then it would freeze up. I assumed it's the settings on my computer somehow, because the 32-bit version works fine.
stormcloude is offline   Reply With Quote