Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-26-2022, 02:43 PM   #1
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Amending the order of Series/ Collections in Calibre

On my old laptop, I found a way to amend the order of the collections/ series, so that those starting with "The" would be listed under "T" and those starting with "A" would be listed under "A". I have now moved to a new laptop and have successfully transferred my library, but I cannot remember how to amend the order of the collections/ series.
Can anyone help me?
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 03:25 PM   #2
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Hi

Open Calibre Preferences - > Advanced -> Tweaks and in the search tweak box type "title_series_sorting" and search for it. This will allow you to set the "title_series_sorting" to "strictly_alphabetic" instead of the default "library_order". The tweak screen does provide help to explain what this setting does and its limitations so please do read it in full.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2022, 03:34 PM   #3
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Many thanks! I have just found out how to do this in another post here. I obviously wasn't wording my request properly to get the right answer.
My collections are now all in the strict alphabetical order that I was wanting!
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 03:43 PM   #4
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
You're welcome. And yes searching can be fun if you don't know how the original posters worded the issue or the people answering them.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections help