Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-16-2021, 02:14 PM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Firmware 3.1 stopped sync notes

Got my Note 3 a couple of days ago. I enable note syncing with Onyx server logged via email. It worked fine.

Went to my Nova 2, updated to 3.1 and enable note sync with Onyx server. It worked fine and got my notes from Note 3 and uploaded one old note it had. Worked fine and updated edited notes in both devices.

After two days, no changed or new notes sync in any of them. Error is:

"ONYX Sync failed: null"

I logged out and logged in in both devices. Not new notes nor existent modified notes synchronised anymore.

Any idea how to resolve this?
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Did you enable the v2 engine in Neoreader? I read in the firmware 3.1 thread that it kills the sync function.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2021, 03:15 PM   #3
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Did you enable the v2 engine in Neoreader? I read in the firmware 3.1 thread that it kills the sync function.
Yes, I have it enabled.

Will try to disable it, but if a viewer interferes with a note application, well, it says not much about their coding practices...
Old 04-16-2021, 03:28 PM   #4
rfog
Guru

Does not matter if it is enabled or disabled, and after restart both devices. It started failing and continue failing.

PS: It seemed to me that this was all working too well to be true.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:13 PM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
The V3.1 firmware is still relatively new so there are going to be some bugs in the system which will need sorting out.

I had to factory reset my Nova 3 Color several times to get the Play Store working properly. Never had to do that on any of my other Boox devices.

And then, once things were working, the touchscreen started misbehaving quite erratically. Not sure if it was because V2 was enabled or perhaps some adjustment I had made to a third party app, but re-calibrating the stylus didn't solve the issue. It took another factory reset to do that...

Luckily, there have been no similar such issues since then. I am quite enjoying V3.1 and the Nova 3 Color. I look forward to future updates when they are able to fix some of the present bugs and maybe offer some new features.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2021, 02:23 AM   #6
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Luckily, there have been no similar such issues since then. I am quite enjoying V3.1 and the Nova 3 Color. I look forward to future updates when they are able to fix some of the present bugs and maybe offer some new features.
I desesperately would like to have a working sync reading position between devices...
Old 04-17-2021, 08:27 AM   #7
rfog
Guru

I deleted all notes and start over (with version 2 enabled). Now notes sync... but with each device only: My Note 3 sees only notes created with it, and Nova 2 only notes created with it.

I log into push.boox.com with same account I have in both devices, and note section is empty.

Completely nonsense.

Edit: More: Now website disconnects after some seconds and asks for a new login... and does not allow logout. I think this is very crappy and I'm going to use another solution.

Last edited by rfog; 04-17-2021 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:24 AM   #8
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

@rfog Why don't you try the same again, but now without v2?
Old 04-17-2021, 09:37 AM   #9
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
@rfog Why don't you try the same again, but now without v2?
I didn't thought on that.

Just done. Disabled v2, cleaned all notes, restarted both devices.

Same behaviour. Notes seems to sync separately but Nova2 does not see Note3 notes and viceversa.

Entering via web (push.boox.com), old notes are shown (empty, as I don't have any), if you select new notes, 3 things happens, randomly: a) asks an user/pass we don't have (activation number is not valid), b) remains trying to refresh website, c) shows empty...
Old 04-17-2021, 12:23 PM   #10
Markismus
Guru

Well. I think your testing is solid.

The user/pass seems a red flag: Functionality is bound the be dependent on it. Why don't you try getting that to work.

Another approach: Install Total Commander. Among other things it allows you to browse your files and to send them to the other device via BT. This way you can test whether the note files work on other devices. If they don't work, it's no use syncing.

Last edited by Markismus; 04-17-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:45 PM   #11
Gary_O
Gary_O began at the beginning.

Device: Supernote A5X, Onyx Book Note 3, Mobiscribe (v1)
These sync problems may be related to the Boox server maintenance currently going on (started April 16).

Per Boox posts on Reddit and Facebook:
In order to provide more stable services, Boox US server is undergoing expansion and maintenance. During the maintenance period, pushbooxcom and sync function will be temporarily unavailable. Please save and collect your documents locally or synchronize with other devices by wired transmission.
Gary_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:13 AM   #12
rfog
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_O View Post
These sync problems may be related to the Boox server maintenance currently going on (started April 16).

Per Boox posts on Reddit and Facebook:
In order to provide more stable services, Boox US server is undergoing expansion and maintenance. During the maintenance period, pushbooxcom and sync function will be temporarily unavailable. Please save and collect your documents locally or synchronize with other devices by wired transmission.

Will test later today at home. Now I'm at office.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:48 PM   #13
rfog
Guru

Holly Molly, it is working perfect now.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:53 PM   #14
hdmi_epaper
hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hdmi_epaper , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I got a similar issue and the trick was to make sure both devices sync to the same boox server. On the current Boox system image the option is under settings and then server
US
CN
EU
VN

Both devices need to be under the same server to sync notes properly.
hdmi_epaper is offline   Reply With Quote