Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-04-2024, 12:24 AM   #1
dogcart95
dogcart95 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy Question about a kindle that updated during jailbreak process

Hello, I just received my Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition 11th generation, and it was on firmware FW 5.16.2.1.1. I successfully jailbroke it using languagebreak and even installed a hotfix, but the darn thing updated to 5.16.8 after a restart when exiting Managed Mode, just before I was able to install KUAL. To try to downgrade it I copied the contents of emergency-bridge-recovery.zip from NiLuJe's K5 Jailbreak package to the root of my device, and after a restart the files are gone, but I am not able to run ;log mrpi, because when it updated I had not yet installed KUAL or MRPI. Am I screwed on attempting to downgrade this to view textbook PDFs?
dogcart95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 06:37 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Read this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...53#post4427053
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2024, 01:21 PM   #3
dogcart95
dogcart95 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello, thanks for your reply.
After I copy the files to the kindle, and reboot twice, and the ****JAILBREAK**** text now appears at the bottom of the screen on startup, but nothing happens when I try to run ;log mrpi.
dogcart95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 02:37 PM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Read this whole thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...62#post4422462

So I don't have to repeat myself here.

Also, you'll need to give us more meaningful descriptions than "nothing happens".

Last edited by shamanNS; 06-04-2024 at 04:57 PM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote