Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Samsung b2710

A year or so ago my husband got a Samsung GT-B2710 phone. He hated it and got something else.

Opinions on this as something to use for audio books.

Here it is at Amazon

http://amazon.com/Samsung-GT-B2710-Water-Resistant-Unlocked/dp/B0042ORU08
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
A year or so ago my husband got a Samsung GT-B2710 phone. He hated it and got something else.

Opinions on this as something to use for audio books.

Here it is at Amazon

http://amazon.com/Samsung-GT-B2710-Water-Resistant-Unlocked/dp/B0042ORU08
Audiobooks come in several formats - MP3, M4B, DRM WMA, Audible. Specs say this phone supports MP3 and WMA; but says nothing about DRM WMA. My guess is that this phone will only play MP3 audiobooks. Other formats, like Audible, will need to be converted to MP3 for playback. Keep in mind that unless you own the audiobook, converting is not allowed. That means you can't convert WMA library audiobooks.

What size is the headphone port - 2.5mm or 3.5mm? Generally, non-smartphones like this one use the smaller 2.5mm size and the standard for headphones is 3.5mm. If this is the case, you'll need an adapter to use standard headphones.

Bottom line -- it's doable for MP3. Anything else will require converting. You'll need a mSD card to put your books on; and possibly a headphone adapter. It's a messy setup at best. I realize you're trying to use something you already have, but it'll be a pain doing so. If it were me, I wouldn't bother.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
lol I will throw it back in the drawer and keep using my iPod nano until it dies.

Thanks Tubemonkey.

Lots of bananas to you.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote