Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 11-11-2021, 12:21 PM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Audible mp4 files with Firefox

If you use the latest Firefox browser to download Audible files, they are showing an mp4 extension. Except they are still aax files--and download as aax with other browsers (my files downloaded as aax with Chrome).

A help site I checked said one could just change the extension from mp4 to aax instead of using a different browser.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 06:40 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Yes, a common problem for years. Sometimes it's site configuration and sometimes a browser.
This also applies to PDF downloads saved as .php and .zip from KDP that need renamed to epub.
Or Browser offering to open a file in SQLite.

Also check the browser application settings that NOTHING is automatically opened in the browser or an application, but Browser is either set to ask or download. Also on Windows don't use the default download directory/folder. That's a browser setting on all browsers.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:54 PM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Yes, a common problem for years. Sometimes it's site configuration and sometimes a browser.
This also applies to PDF downloads saved as .php and .zip from KDP that need renamed to epub.
Or Browser offering to open a file in SQLite.

Also check the browser application settings that NOTHING is automatically opened in the browser or an application, but Browser is either set to ask or download. Also on Windows don't use the default download directory/folder. That's a browser setting on all browsers.
I've never seen files download with an unexpected extension. I was mystified by the mp4 files when I used up my Audible credits yesterday, and immediately started googling.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:15 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to die.
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote