Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-07-2022, 09:15 AM   #1
lorraineg57
Enthusiast
lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorraineg57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Iphone 4
Is it the battery or the board?

Dropped my GL3 into the tub. Fully submerged for a few seconds at most. I removed as much water as I could and stuck it in a bag of rice. It seemed fine the next morning. However after it went to sleep again, it refused to wake up. Removed the board (unplugged battery and ribbon cables) and put it back in the rice for another day... still won't wake. I plugged it into the computer and it charged (light now green as in fully charged). It still won't wake. It's a bit over a year old. I'd be fine with replacing the battery if I knew that was the issue. Resetting doesn't work, n button, power button, both at once, power while plugged in, etc. Computer doesn't register that nook is connected. Anything else I can try? Any way to tell if it's the battery or the board? Reading on a tablet is messing with my sleep. The
lorraineg57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 09:47 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Given that the battery seems to be able to take a charge, I'd say it's the board.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote