Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-01-2023, 10:10 AM   #1
ArmadilloPilot
Enthusiast
ArmadilloPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Verse Pro
How do I .....

Verse Pro. How do I change the idle front screen to something other than the "Verse Pro" label. Can't find it in the manual.

There's probably a lot of things I can't find in the manual, but I'll start here.

Thanks
ArmadilloPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 11:16 AM   #2
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Check out this THREAD

For a different model of Pocketbook, but it'll be the same procedure.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 01:38 PM   #3
ArmadilloPilot
Enthusiast

Unfortuantely, it looks like the Verse Pro has a different file structure. I don't anything like a System folder.

There are several folders, at least twelve in foreign languages. Sometime I will have to learn how to delete these. And also the foreigh language books that are contained in these folders. They show up in my home library and obviously I do not need them.
Old 11-01-2023, 01:41 PM   #4
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The System folder will be there, but it's a hidden folder. You'll need to enable the visibility in the folder view settings on your computer.

I.e. for Windows Explorer...

View > Hidden Items

As for the different language folders you can just right-click and delete them. Rebooting the device will then update the library.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 11-01-2023 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-01-2023, 03:20 PM   #5
ArmadilloPilot
Enthusiast

Just a sec......I may have found the folders. When I plug in the Verse Pro a Windows File Manager pops ups, but it may not display all the hidden folders. I have another that seems to display what we need.

J:\system\empik-2
J:\system\config
J:\system\explorer-3
J:\system\state
J:\system\license
J:\system\gestures
J:\system\cache
J:\system\morphology
J:\system\components
J:\system\player-2
J:\system\logo
J:\system\fonts
J:\system\reader
J:\system\pbdicts
J:\system\language
J:\system\etc
J:\system\cover_chache
J:\system\adobe
J:\system\tts
J:\system\manuals
J:\system\widgets
J:\system\themes
J:\system\favorite
J:\system\dictionaries
J:\system\bin
J:\system\Certificates
J:\system\last_update_check
J:\system\browser.sqlite
J:\system\digital_frame.sqlite
J:\system\timezone
J:\system\.pocketbook
J:\system\device634.ico
Old 11-01-2023, 11:24 PM   #6
neil_swann80

Look in J:\system\logo

You should be able to types this address into the folder explorer address/path box at the top also.
Old 11-02-2023, 10:12 AM   #7
jrw174
Connoisseur
jrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the rough

Device: PocketBook Era
Check out this github https://github.com/jjrrw174/PocketBo...Customizations
jrw174 is offline   Reply With Quote