Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-25-2023, 09:55 AM   #1
junjunjey
junjunjey began at the beginning.

Device: none
How do I specify the split point when converting TXT into EPUB?

I tried adding the <h1> tag on my chapter headers while still in txt format, filling the first two boxes in Structure Detection with the XPath //h:h1, and making sure the 'Do not split on page breaks' in EPUB output remain unchecked; but the converted output rarely recognize my tag (it did work like once every five conversions).
More often than not it read the <h1> tag as &lt;h1&rt;.

The only other thing I messed around was changing the input character encoding in the Look & Feel to utf-8 because otherwise the unicodes wouldn't be recognized and would only be replaced with �

My workaround so far is by editing via calibre-edit, merge the html files, and then split them with //h:h1 but sometimes I convert web-novels with over a thousand chapters and it gets my PC buggy while waiting for that workaround process to finish.
junjunjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 11:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use a text markup language such as markdown, set the option in the txt input settings in calibre to use markdown and in your text file use markdown syntax for headings.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 07:15 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Text Markdown

https://www.markdownguide.org/basic-syntax
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote