Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-21-2023, 12:12 AM   #961
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Yes, I've never been able to find Era updates there. Weird.
Era is back up on the support page now, but the newest firmware listed there is 6.7.1555 — so I'm guessing there must be some kind bug they found in 1701. I'm pretty sure 1701 was on the support site for download — but I may be wrong on that.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 02:38 PM   #962
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Era is back up on the support page now, but the newest firmware listed there is 6.7.1555 — so I'm guessing there must be some kind bug they found in 1701. I'm pretty sure 1701 was on the support site for download — but I may be wrong on that.
Yes, that is the version on my Era.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:05 PM   #963
Citation4444
Citation4444 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook ERA, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Sony PRS-900
1555 is the version on my Era as well, but it has some bugs that "bug" me. That is why I'm interested in trying the 1701 version.
Citation4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:10 PM   #964
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation4444 View Post
1555 is the version on my Era as well, but it has some bugs that "bug" me. That is why I'm interested in trying the 1701 version.
It's linked in Message #951 of this thread (a page back). I'm guessing it probably wouldn't hurt to try it.

My mistake. I think that's an InkPad update, not an Era update. Sorry.
Old 04-12-2023, 06:16 AM   #965
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
Hi, I got the V740.6.7.1701 on my Inkpad 3.
No problem with this version.
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 03:18 AM   #966
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Hi guys, what is your primary source (web site) for downloading latest firmware for
your Pocketbook device (any model)?

I am using :

https://www.pocketbook-int.com/

Is this one and only manufacturer's website for official firmware download?
I just want to confirm...

Thanks in advance!
VladimirS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 04:14 AM   #967
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirS View Post
Hi guys, what is your primary source (web site) for downloading latest firmware for
your Pocketbook device (any model)?

I am using :

https://www.pocketbook-int.com/

Is this one and only manufacturer's website for official firmware download?
I just want to confirm...

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
I use "https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/support".
Your Link redirect automaticaly to mine, so I think it's OK.
Old 05-11-2023, 05:24 AM   #968
VladimirS
Connoisseur
VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VladimirS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
@ tropoy
Thank you very much !
VladimirS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 09:59 AM   #969
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Heads up, I noticed the latest firmware (I downloaded it today but it appears to be from august) added Dark Mode! Nice.
My reader is a frankenvivlio (maybe that's why it didn't find the update by itself).

Version number is 6.8.2102. All in all, quite a lot of changes but nothing else that I'd personally notice.

https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...ch_HD_3_EN.pdf
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 07:09 PM   #970
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
Heads up, I noticed the latest firmware (I downloaded it today but it appears to be from august) added Dark Mode! Nice.
My reader is a frankenvivlio (maybe that's why it didn't find the update by itself).

Version number is 6.8.2102. All in all, quite a lot of changes but nothing else that I'd personally notice.

https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...ch_HD_3_EN.pdf
I think the firmware was finished in August, but I don't think they listed it on their support site until late September or early October. So far I haven't upgraded my HD 3. I'm not sure if I'm going to. When something works I'm leery of "fixing" it.
Old 11-16-2023, 10:42 AM   #971
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
after the firmware update came to my hd3 pb632 I now have darkmode, which is negative ie. white on black. This is really cool for reading in bed.

has anybody figured out how to assign the toggle to darkmode and back to a key?
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:13 PM   #972
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibat View Post
after the firmware update came to my hd3 pb632 I now have darkmode, which is negative ie. white on black. This is really cool for reading in bed.

has anybody figured out how to assign the toggle to darkmode and back to a key?
It doesn't look possible currently as you can't assign anything other than the predefined functions to a key-press or gesture.

If/when Pocketbook release a more current SDK that references a darkmode function that may open a window to a workaround.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 07:21 AM   #973
tropoy
Enthusiast

A new firmware for the Inkpad 3 : 6.8.2461
I didn't have any trouble and it seems to me that my Inkpad is a little bit faster...

Release note : https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...nkPad_3_EN.pdf
Old 03-07-2024, 11:27 AM   #974
deekee
deekee began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3 Pro
I just received a new Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro running FW U740-2.6.8.2462

So I installed Koreader, but after reboot it's not listed under Apps

Any guidance?

Many thanks in advance!
deekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 12:38 PM   #975
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deekee View Post
I just received a new Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro running FW U740-2.6.8.2462

So I installed Koreader, but after reboot it's not listed under Apps

Any guidance?

Many thanks in advance!
So you placed the koreader directory and koreader.app file in the device memory (/mnt/ext1/applications) I presume?

After a reboot @koreader should appear in the USER'S section of the Apps page.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote