Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-20-2023, 10:03 PM   #2221
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Yeah, that's a textbook. The two main groups of books that the workarounds don't work for are those and stuff published for Indian markets.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 10:15 PM   #2222
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I added this to the original post as I've seen the issue come up a few times:

Quote:
None of these worked!
Some books have additional restrictions and cannot be downloaded & transferred. The Bluestacks/Android app will not work either. The two main categories of these seem to be textbooks and books published for the Indian market.

If you're having trouble, including the ASIN (a string of numbers and letters, found in the URL and usually starting with 'B0') will help us determine whether the book has additional restrictions.
I'd like additional confirmation about ASINs starting with 'B0.' I checked with only the books I have.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-20-2023 at 10:23 PM.
Advert
Old 08-21-2023, 07:27 AM   #2223
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollonii View Post
But I think I see the problem now. Both pages have been updated to say only PC versions can read the files. Not really "Kindle Versions", I'd say. Thanks, all.
I agree. Hopefully there are no fiction novels that are similar.

An interesting comment from the author:

Quote:
We are very pleased to have the 10th edition of Operating System Concepts now available.This edition has many updates and improvements, including a feature rich ebook (ePub format) that includes pop-up glossary terms, self-assessment questions, and some animations to help explain important concepts.Note that this bundle is the most feature-rich way to purchase the 10th edition. It comes with a paperback print version and the ebook. (The kindle version of the ebook does not have any of these advanced features so we recommend this version instead, so we recommend the ePub format instead.) --This text refers to the paperback edition
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 08:43 AM   #2224
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
"Kindle edition" just means ebook. And not all ebooks are ereader friendly.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 11:13 PM   #2225
vortexman
vortexman began at the beginning.

Device: None
Can't DeDRM

B09ZRJG58B

Downloaded via paperwhite
vortexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2023, 11:25 PM   #2226
vortexman

Updated plugin resolved issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexman View Post
B09ZRJG58B

Downloaded via paperwhite
Old 08-21-2023, 11:29 PM   #2227
vortexman

Updated plugin did NOT resolve

Quote:
Sorry for the posts. I'm new and can't see how to delete a post. The updated plugin did not resolve the issue.
Old 08-22-2023, 02:01 AM   #2228
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Sorry for the posts. I'm new and can't see how to delete a post. The updated plugin did not resolve the issue.
Detailed help with DRM removal is (or shouldn't) be available at MobileRead. Please ask at NoDRM's gitlab repository
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 10:56 AM   #2229
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
Kindle books to other devices? Lol, I use books purchased from other than Amazon and side load them onto Kindle and keep my Kindle offline.
arturg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 11:31 AM   #2230
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturg View Post
Kindle books to other devices? Lol, I use books purchased from other than Amazon and side load them onto Kindle and keep my Kindle offline.
Lots of people do that; I did too, when I used Kindles. I also sideloaded all my Amazon purchases, because I edited their metadata and formatting.

And lots of people read Kindle books on other devices. It all depends on what device you use and where you buy your books. And then there are people who read on several different brands and/or buy from several different stores.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 12:35 AM   #2231
vortexman

ASIN for review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Detailed help with DRM removal is (or shouldn't) be available at MobileRead. Please ask at NoDRM's gitlab repository
The original post of this thread requested ASIN's of books that don't work in order to review them.

"If you're having trouble, including the ASIN (a string of numbers and letters, found in the URL and usually starting with 'B0') will help us determine whether the book has additional restrictions."
Old 08-24-2023, 01:33 PM   #2232
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
The original post of this thread requested ASIN's of books that don't work in order to review them.

"If you're having trouble, including the ASIN (a string of numbers and letters, found in the URL and usually starting with 'B0') will help us determine whether the book has additional restrictions."
Apologies. I didn't understand that was your intention.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 05:36 PM   #2233
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Yes, I figured asking people to include the ASINs would help as there's been several instances lately.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:22 AM   #2234
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechEbooksBR
….
They are a bunch a sleazy thieves. They stole the code from DeDRM. They have no morals and please, don't go advertising them. They don't deserve to be mentioned even once.

P.S. I changed the quoted post to be accurate.

Last edited by issybird; 09-08-2023 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Deleted banned post that was altered.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 10:27 AM   #2235
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechEbooksBR View Post
The Epubor Ultimate team successfully cracked the DRM
Wow they must have been hard at work on that.

(I suppose that it is just a coincidence that NoDRM's DeDRM beta version 10.0.9 released last month included support for this DRM.)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote