Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 06:23 AM   #16
Andrey
Andrey began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 301plus
Some words about availability:
we have active partners in Russia, Belorus, Moldova, Kazakhstan, Ukraine and Israel.
In Baltic countries we signed agreement and will start at nearest time. I think september-october.
Also in this year we plan to sale in USA (September), Germany (September), UK (October).

Today you can order PocketBook by e-mail we'll send it in any country.

About the place of topic. I sent a message to admins to open our individual branch.
No replies yet.

Something missed?
Andrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #17
Andrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Is the software GPL:ed or open source? Is an SDK available so you can extend the functionality yourself?
http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/ - open source project

We have some our close developments. They are in modules.
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #18
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
A 5" Pocketbook 360° is resting next to me right now, on my shelves, loading, waiting for a thorough test.

My review will follow in German and English in Mid-September. Very much appreciated so far: not only a USB cable but also a USB power plug is included!
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi Andrey, thank you very much for all these infos ! and the photos. the Pocketbook 360 looks like a really great device. Can you tell us how much is the price and shipping ? i'd be interested to know how much it costs for France, but if you can give us a general idea of prices that would be great.

K-Thom, i will be really interested to hear your review of it !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:06 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

as for a specific PocketBook forum, we are currently in the process of a re-organisation of the site, and the forum structure will be changing. we are planning to make a place for all the new devices coming, although the details are still being worked out.
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #21
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
Dear friends!

My name is Andrey.
I'm Sales Manager of PocketBook.

First of all we want to invite you to visit IFA 2009 which will be taken in Berlin 4-9 september. Our Stand 107 in Hall 14.
There you can see and touch our products: PocketBook 301plus, PocketBook 360 and PocketBook 302.
Also we will present some of our future products.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.

Best regards!
Can you please double check that booth number? According to the IFA site an American company by the name of Western Graphics will be there. Also, neither you nor your device are listed in the search.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #22
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Andrey.... the 360 looks interesting. Seems to have similar ergonmics to the eBookwise.

Can you tell us what DRM is supported? You list ePub... does it support Adobe DRM for those?

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 08-17-2009 at 08:16 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #23
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
pilotbob, Andrey != Audrey.
AFAIK no DRM is not supported so far.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #24
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's in the making for this fall as I've heard, and with Adobe ADE, which would give us a nicely designed, compatible device.

Keeping my fingers crossed ...
Old 08-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #25
zelda_pinwheel

if it has good epub support, i'm not too bothered about drm, to be honest. it looks like a very nice liseuse.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #26
K-Thom
The one and only

Well ... that's the crucial point at the moment. If I had more time available, I'd finish the test by the weekend. Sorry it'll have to wait.

But then the firmware update may already be available by then (yup, Pocketbook is not Bookeen ... folder support, both page numbers and progress bar, bookmarks, taking notes, changing font size with one tip of your finger - sigh, what a relief!)

Last edited by K-Thom; 08-17-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #27
hike_gc
Zealot
hike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
U.S. website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/ - open source project

We have some our close developments. They are in modules.
I am intrigued by your product, especially the 6-inch model. The site you gave earlier is not in English and I am in the United States. Are there no other sites available? Approximate cost of these readers?
hike_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:31 AM   #28
menelic
Enthusiast
menelic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
English Info on PocketBook models

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the site - a great resource as I research on what reader to buy as a PhD student with loads of books, pdfs and a weight limit for my field research...

English Info on PocketBook
I found some official English Info on Pocket book on their Israeli Website:

http://www.pocketbook.co.il/Models.aspx

What I can't tell from that is if the 302 does also have a note input via the touch screen? this is a must have-feature for me to annotate books. Maybe Andrey can speak to that as well. Also, Andrey, please list the devices which your company will display at IFA.

thanks in advance

Last edited by menelic; 08-18-2009 at 07:39 AM.
menelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #29
Andrey

1. PB 360 will cost in Ukraine near 300$. I hope it will be cost same price in EU.
2. Booth 107. American Company is our Partner. All correct.
3. In nearest future we'll open English mirrors or somebody of our partners will open.
4. We've already did virtual keyboard on 302.
5. We will display 301plus, 302 and 360. Maybe some our designs if be in time for IFA

Last edited by Andrey; 08-18-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thank you Andrey. It all sounds extremely good!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote