Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #61
stutzj
Zealot
stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Kindle 5(black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
That's beautiful. I love that the bezel is flush with the screen.
stutzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #62
ezzkmo
igloo appraiser
ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Keyboard
Nice find dariocotti!
ezzkmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #63
ezzkmo
igloo appraiser
ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ezzkmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here are a ton of screen protectors that came out of nowhere on Amazon. All in stock on November 7.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&x=13...ch-alias%3Daps
Old 09-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #64
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzkmo View Post
Here are a ton of screen protectors that came out of nowhere on Amazon. All in stock on November 7.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&x=13...ch-alias%3Daps
I'm not sure that means anything other than opportunists are taking advantage of the leak. None of the graphics look like the Voyage.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #65
ezzkmo
igloo appraiser

Ok fine here's a video of it :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEgbKGHP2KU

Thanks to avivs for link.

Edit: Ok the video has been pulled. It was the executive editor at CNET at an Amazon launch event, and he went hands-on for 2 minutes with both devices and showed everything about them. I still have the video cached in one of my windows, don't know if I can save it though.

Last edited by ezzkmo; 09-17-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #66
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzkmo View Post
Ok fine here's a video of it :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEgbKGHP2KU

Thanks to avivs for link.
Video has been removed.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #67
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
So presuming the German release date of November 4th is correct, it should be available in the US much sooner?
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #68
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
If anyone has a link to the video I would appreciate a private message or whatever needs to be done to prevent it from being taken offline.

EDIT: Nevermind, here is a mirror of the video I assume.

Last edited by cryzed; 09-17-2014 at 09:05 PM.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:03 PM   #69
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Here's a link to the product page at Amazon: Kindle Voyage.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #70
Trini
Connoisseur
Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs650
If the Amazon Unlimited leaks were anything to go by, Amazon will launch this in the next few days whether they originally intended to or not. Too many leaks. Woo hoo. Thanks guys, this was some great work.

Update: Officially announced! Ha, should've said minutes :-)

Last edited by Trini; 09-17-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Trini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:05 PM   #71
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutzj View Post
That's beautiful. I love that the bezel is flush with the screen.
Nooooo! That only means increasing the gap between the front layer and actual screen beneath. It is not a good thing.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #72
dariocotti
dariocotti began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
If anyone has a link to the video I would appreciate a private message or whatever needs to be done to prevent it from being taken offline.
at this point I believe it's just a matter of hours until the official announcement, just be patient.

"Amazon announced six new tablets and e-readers on Wednesday, the latest sign that the Web retailer is trying .." (that's all you can read as of right now, I guess the article will be published at http://readingeagle.com/ap/article/a...-and-e-readers )

edit: I didn't see the previous posts
dariocotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #73
WaltC
Harmonious Grump
WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle Touch, Nook HD, iPad 3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Here's a link to the product page at Amazon: Kindle Voyage.
Thanks for the link, I preordered one. It says for release on October 21, 2014.
WaltC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #74
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
So am I seeing correctly, they took away the side buttons on the Kindle Basic????? Why!!?? I love the basic buttons! I don't care if it has a touch screen, but they could have left the buttons!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #75
jswinden
Nameless Being

Expensive at $200 with ads! Looks like the only light layer change is to put a useless auto dimmer on it. I've never seen an auto dimmer on any device that worked correctly. Meh...probably the same old crappy light layer that makes good text look like crap.

And whoever keeps saying it has a screen that is flush to the bezel is wrong. Look again carefully, there is a recess from the bezel down to the screen.