Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-01-2023, 09:19 PM   #946
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Yes it's possible. There is a recent release of 6.7 for Touch HD 3, which is from year 2018 as InkPad 3: http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/5...cjami-slownika
Still 6.5 2919 on the English support site.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 11:56 AM   #947
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Still 6.5 2919 on the English support site.
Yes, it's the same on the Polish site. I've received it by OTA update.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2023, 03:27 AM   #948
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Yes, it's the same on the Polish site. I've received it by OTA update.
Update search just reported that I was using the latest version -- but that was a couple days ago (right after I read that the update was available). I'm not in any real hurry. I like to read the change log first.
Old 01-03-2023, 07:09 AM   #949
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
I'm not sure 6.7 is ready for more devices. On the Era it still has frustrating issues.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 09:32 PM   #950
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
On the Era it still has frustrating issues.
Firmware Pocketbook ERA : 6.7.1555

Last update I found is: 1555
Link for Download Update for ERA 6.7.1555 here :

https://download.pocketbook-int.com/....1555_user.zip
.I found the last update for the "ERA" device to be 1555
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2023, 03:47 AM   #951
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
Hi,
I tested the 6.7.17.01 firmware for my Inkpad 3, and it is OK.
It seems to me that it is a bit faster in Epubs. Some changes for PDFs too...

(https://download.pocketbook-int.com/....1701_user.zip)
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 12:21 AM   #952
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

It was brought up by another poster, in the regular PocketBook forum, that the "Touch screen lock" option has been removed from the "Menu (Double press)" menu in firmware 6.7. My Touch HD 3 had retained this feature (until I changed it to see if I could get it back). I couldn't. So I had to downgrade to 6.5, select the option, and then upgrade back to 6.7 (and, again, it retained the option). I'm curious if this is the same in all 6.7 firmware. And, if so, why? Did PocketBook do this on purpose, or was it an oversight?
Old 03-14-2023, 02:02 AM   #953
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
PocketBook probably did this on purpose because the Era has one button less. I think it was the first device that shipped with 6.7 firmware.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 06:50 AM   #954
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
PocketBook probably did this on purpose because the Era has one button less. I think it was the first device that shipped with 6.7 firmware.
Well, that's not good news. And, since (unlike Tolino) PocketBook releases different versions of firmware for each device, why do they have to remove this feature from their other readers with more buttons? It still works, you just don't have the option to turn it on (unless you go back to 6.5), turn it on, and then upgraded to 6.7. And they could probably put this on the Era, maybe with a triple tap on a different button.

I know of a couple people who bought PocketBooks specifically because they have (had?) this feature.
Old 03-14-2023, 04:36 PM   #955
einor
einor began at the beginning.

Device: PB Era
The function was removed, but even on my Era it works. Just select None for button function.
einor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 05:48 AM   #956
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by einor View Post
The function was removed, but even on my Era it works. Just select None for button function.
That works so long as you don't de-select it. I thought "Touch Screen lock" was the default if you didn't select something else. I found out that wasn't true (as mentioned above). But, apparently, the Era defaults to that?
Old 03-19-2023, 12:35 PM   #957
Citation4444
Citation4444 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook ERA, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Sony PRS-900
What's the secret to installing 1701 on the ERA?
Citation4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:41 PM   #958
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation4444 View Post
I was going to say go to PocketBook's support page, but the Era has disappeared from there (?). But the link posted by tropoy (a few messages up) still works for downloading the upgrade — though I'm kind of wondering why it can't be found on PocketBook's support site. Maybe they found a bug and are going to roll out a new version?
Old 03-20-2023, 03:22 AM   #959
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
A time machine. Last version is 6.7.1555 for the Era.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:13 PM   #960
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I was going to say go to PocketBook's support page, but the Era has disappeared from there (?). But the link posted by tropoy (a few messages up) still works for downloading the upgrade — though I'm kind of wondering why it can't be found on PocketBook's support site. Maybe they found a bug and are going to roll out a new version?
Yes, I've never been able to find Era updates there. Weird.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote