Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 04-28-2024, 10:11 PM   #1
olivetoop
olivetoop began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10
Having trouble opening up calibre despite debug saying there's no issues

Hello all, as you can see from the title, I can't open up calibre (more specifically, the graphical UI won't open. Also am using windows 10). When I try starting it, the window itself is invisible to me and using alt+tab doesn't bring up the window at all. From the debug console (window key+r > calibre-debug -g), it says the program was started up, but it simply isn't showing up visually.

I suspect it may have something to do with my graphics drivers, but I'm not sure. Can anyone help, please? Thank you!
olivetoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:27 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Can you try right-clicking on an empty spot on the task bar, and select "Cascade Windows".

Does that bring back the GUI?
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 12:32 AM   #3
olivetoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Can you try right-clicking on an empty spot on the task bar, and select "Cascade Windows".

Does that bring back the GUI?
It does not unfortunately. From my alt+tab, it just appears as a white box and cascading the windows applies it to all the other tabs I have open except for calibre. I have an image attached below of what I see when I press alt+tab. Cascading doesn't show the UI, of course.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:36 AM   #4
olivetoop

Sorry, here is a link to the image, if I may. https://imgur.com/a/xgjo0mt
Old 04-29-2024, 07:45 PM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Can you try starting in Debug Mode and then pasting the error message here in a post.

On the Preferences icon, right click and select Restart in Debug Mode.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 03:35 AM   #6
olivetoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Can you try starting in Debug Mode and then pasting the error message here in a post.

On the Preferences icon, right click and select Restart in Debug Mode.
https://imgur.com/a/ZsUWAGv

I'm not too sure what you mean when you say to restart in debug mode. I can, however, give you what I see from running the debug command for calibre, if that helps.