Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-21-2023, 08:04 AM   #1
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boox Leaf 7"
Front light controls don't work on Boox Leaf

KOReader frontlight controls don't seem to work on Boox Leaf. Does anyone know if there is a fix?
305869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 03:18 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/8482
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2023, 03:22 PM   #3
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
>To test drivers go to "Tools" -> "More Tools" -> "Developer options" -> "Start compatibility test" in KOReader FM.
I can't do this test because I don't have Developer options under that menu.
Old 04-21-2023, 03:23 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FM means File Manager, not within a document.
Old 04-21-2023, 03:29 PM   #5
Connoisseur

Quote:
FM means File Manager, not within a document.
Thank you. I am really confused now because if I use "test lights" it can control them just fine. If I "test e-ink" it works if it's set to Onyx/Qualcomm. At the top it says "device already supported". However the frontlight control gestures don't affect the light at all. What should I do?
Advert
Old 04-21-2023, 04:05 PM   #6
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
(Deleted).

Last edited by cellaris; 04-21-2023 at 04:08 PM.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 04:12 PM   #7
pazos
cosiñeiro

So the frontlight widget works as is but gestures don't work?

It probably means the touch events near the border are eaten by some system thingy and they're never forwarded to the application.

No idea if it can be fixed but I'm fairly sure that cannot be fixed at the application level (maybe workarounded by making the left zone wider)

You might get some luck asking in the onyx subforum. Hopefully there's a toggable setting somewhere.
Old 04-21-2023, 04:19 PM   #8
Connoisseur

Quote:
So the frontlight widget works as is but gestures don't work?

It probably means the touch events near the border are eaten by some system thingy and they're never forwarded to the application.

No idea if it can be fixed but I'm fairly sure that cannot be fixed at the application level (maybe workarounded by making the left zone wider)

You might get some luck asking in the onyx subforum. Hopefully there's a toggable setting somewhere.
No, the frontlight widget doesn't work either. Only the test controls in the dev options work. I'm confused why it says device is supported in the dev compatibility test when the frontlight adjustment in koreader doesn't work at all.
Old 04-22-2023, 04:24 AM   #9
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305869 View Post
No, the frontlight widget doesn't work either. Only the test controls in the dev options work. I'm confused why it says device is supported in the dev compatibility test when the frontlight adjustment in koreader doesn't work at all.
That's better!

"Supported" means that the strings used to identify the device are already in the whitelist paired with one or more drivers.

Just below the "supported" you can see which drivers it uses for eink and lights. In your case is (from https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-1518263493)

Code:
04-21 21:24:10.792 I/EPD     ( 4363): Using Onyx/Qualcomm driver
04-21 21:24:10.792 I/Lights  ( 4363): Using Generic driver
So the device is already supported (for eink in this case) but needs to use the proper driver for lights.

The driver is missing from your repport but I'm going to assume is "something Onyx" or "something Qualcomm"
Old 04-22-2023, 04:46 AM   #10
Connoisseur

Quote:
That's better!

"Supported" means that the strings used to identify the device are already in the whitelist paired with one or more drivers.

Just below the "supported" you can see which drivers it uses for eink and lights. In your case is (from https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-1518263493)

Code:
04-21 21:24:10.792 I/EPD     ( 4363): Using Onyx/Qualcomm driver
04-21 21:24:10.792 I/Lights  ( 4363): Using Generic driver
So the device is already supported (for eink in this case) but needs to use the proper driver for lights.

The driver is missing from your repport but I'm going to assume is "something Onyx" or "something Qualcomm"
Thank you. I've added the drivers to my report. This is what the compatibility screen looks like for me: https://i.imgur.com/OLMr3E9.png

So do I have to wait for an update to KOReader that will fix the frontlight controls for this device? Or is there a way to make it use the appropriate driver? Sorry I'm new to all this.
Old 04-24-2023, 04:41 PM   #11
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
So do I have to wait for an update to KOReader that will fix the frontlight controls for this device? Or is there a way to make it use the appropriate driver? Sorry I'm new to all this.
Hi. Sorry for the delay

You'll need to wait a few days. There's no other way of forcing a driver.

The link in my first answer contains hints for people to contribute patches, is not that hard and it will make the whole process faster. Is not mandatory if you can wait
Old 04-25-2023, 08:17 AM   #12
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hi. Sorry for the delay

You'll need to wait a few days. There's no other way of forcing a driver.

The link in my first answer contains hints for people to contribute patches, is not that hard and it will make the whole process faster. Is not mandatory if you can wait
Thank you for the response.
I am not a developer. But I looked at android-luajit-launcher commits for a bit.
It seems like maybe in app/src/main/java/org/koreader/launcher/device/LightsFactory.kt the line 27
Code:
DeviceInfo.LightsDevice.ONYX_LEAF,
just needs to be removed so that the generic light drivers are used.
But I am not sure and I have no way to test. Does this seem right to you?
If it's that simple I would be happy to submit a pull request. Otherwise I will wait for someone more knowledgeable to do it.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:35 AM   #13
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Thank you for the response.
I am not a developer. But I looked at android-luajit-launcher commits for a bit.
It seems like maybe in app/src/main/java/org/koreader/launcher/device/LightsFactory.kt the line 27
Code:
DeviceInfo.LightsDevice.ONYX_LEAF,
just needs to be removed so that the generic light drivers are used.
But I am not sure and I have no way to test. Does this seem right to you?
If it's that simple I would be happy to submit a pull request. Otherwise I will wait for someone more knowledgeable to do it.
Hi, nope. It doesn't look good.

Generic is the default light driver that's assigned to every android device unless overriden by specific device definitions.

You need to add your device name to the lightsMap and assing the proper controller in LightsFactory (onyx warmth).

Pretty much like in https://github.com/koreader/android-...ca6e664cea40a4, except you don't need to touch the device definition & match because it is already there.

Please give me a few days.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:37 AM   #14
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hi, nope. It doesn't look good.

Generic is the default light driver that's assigned to every android device unless overriden by specific device definitions.

You need to add your device name to the lightsMap and assing the proper controller in LightsFactory (onyx warmth).

Pretty much like in https://github.com/koreader/android-...ca6e664cea40a4, except you don't need to touch the device definition & match because it is already there.

Please give me a few days.
Understood. Thanks for the clarification. Take your time. I was just hoping to be able to help, I am in no rush at all
Old 04-25-2023, 04:08 PM   #15
pazos
cosiñeiro

Actually my bad as I forgot to add the device to the proper map. All the rest was already there.

It should work with just: https://github.com/koreader/android-...pull/414/files