Old 06-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
wolfkin
Second Banana
wolfkin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Error:Failed to create library: Failed

Code:
calibre, version 3.44.0
ERROR: Failed to create library: Failed to create calibre library at: u'G:\\Documents\\Calibre ebooks'.
You will be asked to choose a new library location.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 160, in get_library_path
  File "os.py", line 150, in makedirs
  File "os.py", line 150, in makedirs
  File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'G:\\'
tl;dr at the

My installation is on a flashdrive. In pasting the error I've noticed it's looking in G but my flahdrive is letter E (sometimes it changes but I've never had this issue before.

It's possible that I recently updated Calibre from PortableApps and this is the first time I've run it since then.

But with all that inconsideration my question is this. Calibre then asks me to pick a new location for the library

My question is can i simply point it to my existing library? Will Calibre just pick up my library information or will it erase the library and start over?
wolfkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Right-click the Library icon: Create/switch: Use Existing.
If this is windows: You can reserve a drive letter for the flash, so it does not matter which port you plug it into.

On W10, right-click the start Icon: Disk Management: Locat the device on the list (by device name might be better): Right-click on the drive (either place): Change drive Letter and path :change (button) ( don't pick a low letter, choose something about mid-point)

Now you can tell Calibre where and it should 'stick'

PS Flash drive can fail without notice. Make a backup drive
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
errors, library backup