Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-10-2024, 01:16 PM   #106
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
So, are there more than two errors?
We know product and vendor.
Is it always these two alternating?

I'll try to make a version that prints out the hash errors directly.
That way you can just keep doing updates without pulling the flash.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 06:06 PM   #107
Pentam
Connoisseur
Pentam began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Tab Mini C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
So, are there more than two errors?
We know product and vendor.
Is it always these two alternating?
That depends. When the update fails during step 1/2 the place of error is fairly random all over the place. Between 0 and 90 % I have seen a lot.

When it fails during step 2/2 (happens just rarely and I have not recognized any pattern, how to achieve this), it has been product each time.
Pentam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 06:15 PM   #108
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, 1 of 2 can't be hash then?

Maybe you have memory problems?

The progress statistics are so stupid.
In the old scripts they divided it up into many steps.
Old 05-10-2024, 09:19 PM   #109
Renate
Wizard

Some progress on making the silly update_engine a little bit more coherent.

You, know, I've flashed my Poke5 at least 6 times with this and never a problem...

Last edited by Renate; 05-11-2024 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-11-2024, 06:04 AM   #110
Pentam
Connoisseur

Quote:
Well, 1 of 2 can't be hash then?

Maybe you have memory problems?
I fear that might be the case. The more we try and fail the more I suspect a hardware issue.
I guess I will just try to send the TMC in as a warranty case...
Old 05-11-2024, 07:03 AM   #111
Renate
Wizard

Aw, just when I got this really cooking.

In any case, my stuff is just a wrapper.
Once update_engine_sideload takes over, it's in charge.
Any problems are to do with that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	autoup4.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	208188  
Old 05-11-2024, 12:52 PM   #112
Pentam
Connoisseur

Quote:
Aw, just when I got this really cooking.

In any case, my stuff is just a wrapper.
Once update_engine_sideload takes over, it's in charge.
Any problems are to do with that.
Yeah. Sorry for causing all this work for nothing.
Thank you soooo much for all the effort you put into helping me! I still learned a lot.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:23 AM   #113
Renate
Wizard

Mmm, could you do me a favor?
Could you try the newest version?
It will not make a difference to your current problem, but it will confirm that there are no problems with the new version.
I've already tested the Poke5 one.

Use the same URL as before.
The new version does not take those two old files on the flash, please delete them.
It only needs update.zip (already decrypted) on the flash.
Same procedure as always.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2024, 01:04 PM   #114
Pentam
Connoisseur

Quote:
Mmm, could you do me a favor?
Could you try the newest version?
Of course! Happily...

Update started normally and crashed shortly after 11% message appeared (see attached screenshot).
Contrary to the previous versions it did not generate an autolog.txt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TMC2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	208226  
Old 05-12-2024, 01:16 PM   #115
Renate
Wizard

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentam View Post
Contrary to the previous versions it did not generate an autolog.txt.
You mean it froze there and didn't type anything more?

Yeah, I did some changes to make it use a local file and only at the end copy it to flash.
I've never seen update_engine freeze.
That's another vote for you having bad hardware.

Last edited by Renate; 05-12-2024 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-12-2024, 02:44 PM   #116
Pentam
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks!

You mean it froze there and didn't type anything more?
Yep. Flash LED stop blinking and nothing else happened on the screen. Blue power LED and QUSB detection in device manager.

Quote:
Yeah, I did some changes to make it use a local file and only at the end copy it to flash.
I've never seen update_engine freeze.
That's another vote for you having bad hardware.
I guess so too. Warranty process is already started. Let's hope for the best...
Old 05-12-2024, 04:50 PM   #117
Renate
Wizard

I did some more polishing.
I must have flashed my Poke5 a dozen times by now.
And then I have to flash the boots again with Magisk.
But at least I don't have to remake the file or anything.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:14 AM   #118
Pentam
Connoisseur

My TMC is on its way to my retailer. So I hope I will be able to test again in a week or so without having to.