Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Installing fonts

I'm having trouble getting Koreader to see custom fonts. I've installed the .otf and the .ttf version of Caecilia and the .ttf of Rockwell in the koreader/fonts folder, both in subfolders dedicated to the fonts, and the actual root of the /fonts folder. Koreader doesn't see them. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Could be that they're blacklisted for not working?

https://github.com/koreader/koreader....lua#L137-L188
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
If they're either blacklisted or using an already registered family name, they'll be dropped. You can check the crash.log for more details about what's happening in your case.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:05 AM   #4
mkozlows
Enthusiast
mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage/KOReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
If they're either blacklisted or using an already registered family name, they'll be dropped. You can check the crash.log for more details about what's happening in your case.
Okay, so I'm hoping somebody can help me out with this, because I'm sort of at my wit's end about what I'm supposed to do. Trying to load a family of fonts onto the Kobo for use with KOReader.

In Fontforge, if I set the font family to "Whatever-Regular", "Whatever-Bold", "Whatever-Italic", and "Whatever-BoldItalic", to match the "Fontname" field (and the .otf filename), then they all load... but they show up as four separate and unrelated fonts.

If I set the font family to "Whatever", with the "Fontname" including the "-Bold" etc modifiers, then only the first one (bold) loads, and the rest get a "ERROR failed to register crengine font" log entry, and using that font just displays everything in bold.

It feels like I should be setting them all to the same family -- and doing that makes the font work in the Kobo's default reader software -- but I'm clearly missing something here. I've googled around, but can't find a thread with more relevant info than this.

Any ideas on what I'm missing or doing wrong?
mkozlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:38 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you have access to a Python setup, just use gftools' nametable-from-filename tool.

(c.f., http://trac.ak-team.com/trac/browser...s/REMINDER#L96)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-05-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Advert
Old 09-05-2020, 12:09 PM   #6
mkozlows
Enthusiast
mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage/KOReader
Thank you! That did it. I'm not quite sure what it did (it's definitely using the same font family like I was trying), so it must be doing something non-obvious in one of those Panose tabs or something, but the important thing is that it works now.
mkozlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 02:06 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!

IIRC, CRe doesn't give a lick about the Panose stuff, the (moderately crappy) heuristic only cares about the OS/2 name tables.

And, yeah, a common Family, and the Style properly set in the right place (but not in the family name itself) should be enough.

It's generally not an issue, but, gftools does the right thing, and as my notes explain, it also does part of the right thing to make both ACCESS & RMSDK happy too, so, win-win-win .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-05-2020 at 02:08 PM.