Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
Using Calibre for Storage & transfer of Audiobooks

I have quite a few audiobooks & just wondered if it's possible to store them in Calibre. It would be great if you could do this & use Calibre to transfer them to your Mp3 player the same way you can transfer books to your ereader. If it's possible & you're using Calibre for this purpose I would to find out what your experience has been . If it's not possble does anyone know of a program similar to Calibre but specifically for Audiobooks?
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
You can add audio files to calibre and send them to your tablet, but there are other apps better suited for this purpose.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Do you have a suggestion for a "better suited" app? I know that you can use Overdrive to store/transfer library audiobooks to your device so there must be some other software that can do a better/easier job then Calibre for non library audiobook books.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
seacity1
Zealot

I went to Barnes & Noble website & says you need the Overdrive app to transfer MP3 audiobook files after you purchased them on BN. I have Overdrive for Windows so I tried opening an Mp3 audiobook I already have (not BN) & it says the file type is not recognized. I went to Overdrive Media Console help & it implies the program is not vendor specific & you should be able to open & play any Mp3 file, not just files from the library, but apprently you can't. Aside from Overdrive I have not been able to find an app/program that manages & transfers audiobook files. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try searching the calibre forum for other threads like this. Search on Audiobooks or Music or just Audio. There have been other discussions on this.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacity1 View Post
I went to Barnes & Noble website & says you need the Overdrive app to transfer MP3 audiobook files after you purchased them on BN. I have Overdrive for Windows so I tried opening an Mp3 audiobook I already have (not BN) & it says the file type is not recognized. I went to Overdrive Media Console help & it implies the program is not vendor specific & you should be able to open & play any Mp3 file, not just files from the library, but apprently you can't. Aside from Overdrive I have not been able to find an app/program that manages & transfers audiobook files. Would appreciate any suggestions.
windows media player ???

when I had a sony walkman, WMP was able to build and transfer custom playlists so it would have no trouble dealing with an mp3 audio book ( which is not a lot different from a music album - for "tracks" think "chapters" ).

or try the various freeware media servers. I have a couple that I use with PS3 but they are very flexible. look for example at (free) plex media server. it will certainly catalogue & auto update a library of audiobooks +metadata & probably will also send them to other devices once you get the hang of the program. you will need the paid for upgrade to get all of the sync facilities though

http://www.plexapp.com/

Last edited by cybmole; 07-04-2013 at 08:40 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote