Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 05:55 AM   #1
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Libra Colour, Kindle PW
Lightbulb Solution Reading Web Articles (Libra Colour)

After having wasted several hours with Pocket, I already had prepared the readeer to be sent back, because Pocket was omitting pictures on some articles (what never happened in years with Send To Kindle for my Kindle - and way to clever for Pocket developers, Send to Kindle or Mercury Reader also show a preview, so that you can check, if nothing important is omitted...).

And with KOBO support having no clue and infos how to use their color reader flagship (but really trying to be helpful) I decided a last time and tried all available ebook creating browser extensions for Brave/Chrome, and I have found a quite acceptable solution for me, which may be of interest for others, who want to read web articles on the LC:

Browser: Brave
Chrome Extension: EpubPress seems to work very reliably (at least on most of the pages I need).
Synch/sideload: Dropbox installed on the PC; I save the web article with EpubPress in the Dropbox/Rakuten Kobo subfolder

Kobo touting the Pocket app as solution to read web articles, while Pocket has problems with many webpages, is a bad joke.
But what is worse: that the management has not researched workarounds for this problem with the Pocket app and not given the info to their support team, tells me, that it's just another example of a company whose bad management simply does not use their own products and effectively has no clue about their products.

They better hope, that Amazon will not release a color Kindle that works as flawlessly as the current Kindle system works.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
articles, colour, libra, pocket app, sideload