Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2024, 09:04 PM   #1
shyhermit
shyhermit began at the beginning.

Device: none
Are buttons on Libra Colour mushy, clicky, or shifty?

I read on this forum and on Reddit that there are quality issue problems with the buttons on the new Kobo Libra Colour.

Some report that the buttons (particular the top button) feel mushy, whereas others report that they feel clicky or shifty (off-center).

For those who just bought the Libra Colour, what is your experience? Is it a widespread issue? Will it get worse over time like the Libra 2?
shyhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 09:26 PM   #2
SilentPartner
SilentPartner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SilentPartner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SilentPartner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SilentPartner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Libra Colour
Maybe it depends on the unit you have. The buttons on mine feels mushy. I'm getting used to it.
SilentPartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2024, 01:54 AM   #3
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Clicky on mine. I think you got a bum unit.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 02:15 AM   #4
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Off centre buttons on mine. During my spare time I like to go to shops selling the kobo libra devices just to test the buttons (because I’m cool like that) and have discovered ONE out of FIVE Libras have ‘perfect’ buttons. Just my 2c.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 06:30 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I have a Libra, Libra 2 and Sage and used those of others. I don't see any issue with buttons, but some models have the middle of the plastic insert over the switch and some nearer the curvy outer ends. A gentle pressure will tell which. Those 3 models use industry standard "tact" switches rather than cheaper membrane domes on older Kindles or the cheap elastomer conductive pads on calculators and some cheap radios.

The most ghastly are on my Kindle DXG and K3.

Last edited by Quoth; 05-12-2024 at 06:32 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2024, 06:39 PM   #6
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Crisp and clicky for me. The top button is harder to push than the bottom, but honestly, that could be because I use the bottom to move forward in the book much more often than I use the top button to move backward.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 07:13 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The buttons on my Libra Colour are very good. As @Cootey said, crisp and clicky.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote