Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-27-2008, 03:00 AM   #1
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
DR1000S: Fonts and Language?

I just got the New DR1000S.
Mostly I read the English PDF. But After playing around with SONY PRS505 andreading the forum, I could not find the discussion about modifing Fonts for other Languages for readind Plain text or HTML. Any hint?
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
FBReader will handle single-file HTML and TXT. It will also handle many languages, but you may need to select a font that supports your language. On the iLiad I usually use DejaVu Sans (see crossed-tools icon, styles tab). Or convert them off-line (e.g. under Windows using MobiPocket Reader or Creator) to MOBI format. However, the DR MOBI reader probably has less language support than FBReader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2008, 05:25 AM   #3
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Which location that can i put my new fonts? both DR and iLiad2nd
The current fonts seem not to support my language.(Thai)

Thanks.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
PDFs with embedded fonts should work.

The iLiad's support for adding new fonts is not very robust. The best thread is Problem reading UTF8 Chinese HTML files, but this suggests several approaches. If your font file is small enough, the best approach seems to be to add it to /usr/share/fonts/truetype (see posts #18 and #19). If the font file is large, then you can create a fonts directory on your cf card and put it in there (then reboot). Note that this can hang your iLiad (see post #14). This should be enough to get the font into FBReader 0.8.14. There is an extra step for fonts on the cf card with FBReader 0.8.04 - let me know if you need this.

So far as I know, no one has looked in detail at the DR font setup. The actual setup is typically defined in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf. If it is configured like the iLiad (i.e. like most Linux systems) user-supplied fonts can go in the directory ~/.fonts and the text file ~/.fonts.conf would define where else they can go (e.g. on the SD card). These files do not seem to exist.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote