Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-26-2021, 10:10 AM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil-1.5.1 Released

Sigil-1.5.1

Sigil-1.5.1 represents a mix of bug fixes and new features for both epub2 and epub3.

New Features:
  • Can now handle single xhtml file sizes over 2megabytes in size via its own URL Schemehandler
  • Will now highlight matched open close tag pairs while editing in Code View
  • Delete open close tag pairs (Remove Tag Pair)
  • Default selection of text for basic CodeView formatting including bold, italic, etc based on cursor position
  • Shift double-click (and alt double-click) on a tag to select tag contents (including tag)
  • Expanded split on Sigil Split Marker capabilities to work better with nested tags
  • Added a new C++ CSS Parser and Query engine that works with Sigil's version of Gumbo
  • The Reports tool for "CSS Selectors" now lists all CSS selectors not just classes
  • The "Delete Unused Styles" tool now handles all unused CSS Selectors not just classes
  • The Reports for "CSS Selectors" and "Delete Unused Selectors" now handle selectors in XHTML Style tags
  • Added ability to load text and csv files to Group Saved Searches to automate lists of replacements
  • Reworked the Metadata Editor to be much more Human Readable with tooltips to show xml tags
  • Added semantic code to the descriptive field in Add Semantics as a learning aid (Thank You BeckyEbook!)
  • Checkpoint ManageRepos now has the ability to sort the repo table by any column (Thank You BeckyEbook!)
  • The Sigil User Guide has be completely reworked to bring it to Sigil 1.5.0+ levels

Bug Fixes:
  • Fix issue with custom ncx names in non-standard empty epub layouts
  • Fix Import Text to properly add ncx if missing for epub2
  • Fix issue with "Delete Unused Styles" not properly detecting all used selectors
  • Fix issues with repeated use of Mend and Prettify on bare text in structural tags
  • Fix extra line issue with Link to Stylesheet (Thank you BeckyEBook!)
  • Fix bug in id assignment in EPUB3 Metadata editor
  • Fix bug in trailing slash in Move To Folder paths
  • Fix bug in spelling of Columbia->Colombia in Languages (Thank you Tex2002ans!)
  • Fix bug in Clip Editor pasting of multiple clips
  • Fix bug in PerformCSSUpdates related to quoted string in content: values
  • Fix bug related to iframe handling when loading Preview
  • Fix typos in XMLEntities descriptions (Thank you BeckEbook!)
  • Fix numeric table alignment to align right in multiple tables (Thank you BeckyEbook!)
  • Fix bug in Add Existing not properly using QProgressDialog for long import
  • Removed long deprecated and now invalid use of "altlang" in EPUB3 Metadata Editor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please check the Sigil Wiki for important Sigil support links, additional resource downloads, and platform-specific trouble-shooting tips/requirements.

Mac users should still download and install ActiveState's ActiveTcl Community Edition to utilize plugins that use Tk/Tcl GUIs. More here.
Mac users should also check out the wiki entry on the New Release File Format

The latest Sigil user guide can always be downloaded from its own repository.

PGP Fingerprint

The binary downloads (and source) can be found as assets at the bottom of The Sigil Github Release page.

Last edited by KevinH; 03-26-2021 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Remove remaining beta bits
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:11 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Might seem silly to do this all over again for basically the same release, but I've closed the beta one, so we need a thread for future issues/questions to be posted to.

Sigil 1.5.1 is not considered beta.
Advert
Old 03-28-2021, 07:02 AM   #3
parvatiquinta
parvatiquinta began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Muse
I have just started tinkering with 1.5.1 but the new remove tags feature is amazing! Thank you so much
parvatiquinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 08:46 AM   #4
TStadtmüller
TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Kobo Aura
Talking Linux install script (tested on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS)

Dears,

please see attached bash shell script "sigil_build_on_linux.txt".

To run in a terminal, save locally and make executable with 'chmod a+x'

Usage: sigil_build_on_linux.sh [-option]
-n | noaction: show the script command flow
-a | action: execute the script commands in order to
1. check if no local installation exists
or a newer version is available online
2. create build structure in the current directory
3. download and install required build tools
4. download most recent sources from git hub
5. build from sources
6. install (default directory '/usr/local')
7. create desktop icon
-b | bashonly: install/update required tools
-d | download: download sources to current directory
-r | version: check version (installed vs. remote)
-u | uninstall: remove an existing installation
-v | verbose [n] = show details level n=0-2

Have Fun!
Thomas
Attached Files
File Type: txt sigil_build_on_linux.txt (12.7 KB, 171 views)
TStadtmüller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:45 AM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Thanks for all the hard work guys!!

Minor issue found with the report function - for some reason it does not show a "Matched Selector" (or "found In") in the Classes Used report for my <blockquote>.

When I ctrl-click on the class it takes me to the correct part of thee css sheet, and the style is displayed properly in the preview pane. Any ideas????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-28 113725.png
Views:	189
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	186189  
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes because it shows only classes used in that report. Your actual selector is not just blockquote.write it has a descendent element and class.

To see if that complex descendent selector is used you need to use the CSS Selectors report.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 12:47 PM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you add a blockquote.write only in the css (no descendent additions), then classes used report should detect it being used. Does it?
Old 03-28-2021, 02:10 PM   #8
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
If you add a blockquote.write only in the css (no descendent additions), then classes used report should detect it being used. Does it?
Yes it does. That's different from previous versions, so I was wondering.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:50 PM   #9
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Yes, the previous version ignored the descendant classes and said it was used even though it may not have been since having that element with that class is not enough to know if that selector was used or not.

The new version does not say "used" if it is not clear. It then punts to the CSS Selectors used report for a complete test of the full exact selector. This prevents "Delete Unused Selectors" from suggesting you can remove something that is in fact really used.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #10
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
What has changed in version 1.5.1 after a recent fix due to MathML / MathJax that all icons are in only one bar and partially hidden. Previously, I had icons in two bars and saved clips in the third. What do I need to change to get back to the previous state.

Sorry for the English language, but it is not my language and I was assisted by translator.

Regards
bravosx
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosx View Post
What has changed in version 1.5.1 after a recent fix due to MathML / MathJax that all icons are in only one bar and partially hidden. Previously, I had icons in two bars and saved clips in the third. What do I need to change to get back to the previous state.

Sorry for the English language, but it is not my language and I was assisted by translator.

Regards
bravosx
Nothing has changed in that regard. I don't know why your icons rearranged themselves, but it wasn't the new version that did it. Nothing like that happened with the 4 Windows machines I tested the new version on. Something must have gone wrong with your Sigil.ini file. But to fix it, you just need to move them back where you want them.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-02-2021 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:24 AM   #12
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
...Something must have gone wrong with your Sigil.ini file. But to fix it, you just need to move them back where you want them.
Thank you for your help, I have already set it up as I had before.
Regards once again
bravosx
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:54 PM   #13
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi, folks! Overall I'm enjoying the enhancements for 1.5.1, but I'm having an issue with the "Delete Unused Stylesheet Selectors" not working as expected. I've got an ePub with multiple stylesheets (a global, and several file-specific), and have removed all instances of most of the styles contained therein, but the delete function does nothing, despite all unused selectors being checked.

I've confirmed the styles aren't in use by a search, through the reports screen, and by deleting all xhtml files except a blank one, and clicking the "Delete Marked Styles" button seems to fail silently (the dialog dismissed but nothing else).

Because I had updates from 1.4.3, I tried uninstallling and reinstalling fresh, and restarting, and it worked briefly, but the issue seems to be back again.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Aside from that, when it worked, it was awesome. I like that it could also remove header-based style definitions.
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:57 PM   #14
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Sorry if this does not belong to this thread. Usually, Eli Schwartz publishes quite quickly a binary version of Sigil for Archlinux users. He informed this forum over a week ago that he would wait to provide a binary release of 1.5.1. (and Calibre btw) but, as of today, still failed to do so. A PageEdit version had been published earlier.

Has somebody more info about this?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:22 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Someone has flagged the current Arch sigil package as out of date (on the day Sigil 1.5.1 was released). Maybe he's out of town? Or maybe he's waiting to see that it's stable before updating it? I'm sure he'll get around to it.