Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-20-2015, 10:36 PM   #1
pentel
Connoisseur
pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo
Add non-Kobo eBooks to Kobo Mini

I want to read non-Kobo eBooks (DRM-free epubs) on the Kobo Mini and I'm wondering about how do I add the epub files to the Kobo Mini from Windows Explorer. (I do not want to install additional software on my computer and thus do not have Kobo Desktop or Calibre on my computer, nor do I want them)

So by the Windows Explorer method, I have the epub files on my computer. I connected the Kobo Mini to my computer and I can see the following folders on the Kobo Mini:

.adobe-digital-editions
.kobo
.kobo\certificates
.kobo\dict
.kobo\kepub
.kobo\Kobo
.kobo\slideshow
.kobo-images

Should copy the non-Kobo epubs to .kobo\kepub folder? I think that is where my Kobo ebooks are.

After copying, how do I get Kobo Mini to open those non-Kobo epubs? Is it going to include the non-Kobo epubs in the library automatically? If not, what do I need to do on the Kobo Mini side?
pentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:49 PM   #2
BWinmill
Nameless Being

You can copy your ebooks into any directory that does not start with a dot. Copying them into a directory called books will work, copying them into .kobo will not work. Once remove the Kobo from your computer, it will find the new books and spend a few minutes collecting information about those book (e.g. title, author, cover) so that it can add them to its library. When that it done, you can access them just like any book purchased from Kobo.
Advert
Old 05-20-2015, 10:57 PM   #3
pentel
Connoisseur
pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.pentel is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo
That works and thank you for the detailed information.

I created a folder called epub and copied the epubs there. Just like you said, after disconnecting, Kobo automatically find these new books and list them on the library list.

Thank you!
pentel is offline   Reply With Quote