Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-08-2024, 03:10 PM   #1
bearymore
Zealot
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
Use book cover as screensaver

I just got a Tab Mini C and am busy getting used to the software which is very different than that on my old Kobo Aura One. One feature I liked on the Kobo, which is missing on the Boox, was the ability to use the cover of the book you are reading as the screensaver. This is a minor issue, but I very much liked that feature on the Kobo. I'm using the built in reader software on the Mini C. I don't suppose there is a setting somewhere to make this happen?
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 04:19 PM   #2
Julie Paradise
Julie Paradise began at the beginning.

Device: KindlePW Palma Poke5 NovaAir2 NA3C TUC Max2 TabX A6X2
There is no app or setting that lets you directly and automatically display your current book's cover as a screensaver, but you could extract (even if it is a screenshot) that pic, put it in your picture folder and set that as a sleep screen/screensaver.
Julie Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2024, 05:41 PM   #3
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
On the Onyxes that I've seen/used:
Stock images = /system/media/standby-1.png
User override = /data/local/assets/images/standby-1.png

If you're using Magisk, you might as well keep it all in /system/media
I don't think that bootanimation.zip works in /data/local/assets/images

Also, shutdown.png is in landscape format (at least on some models).
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote