Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-18-2020, 07:59 PM   #1
bookimp
bookimp began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Error 13 Permission denied for covers

After I installed 4.21 Calibre gives me error 13 for every cover I either download from within the program or try to upload from file. Saying that I don't have permissions to that file. I've checked the permissions to the one I downloaded and there was no issue - not sure what to do about the one that Calibre itself downloaded.

Downgrading back to 4.15 (my last install file) fixed the problem so I don't think it's me...
bookimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
its not you, its your antivirus. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...n-denied-error
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2020, 09:26 PM   #3
bookimp
bookimp began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I see. Now that I've added calibre to the virus protection exceptions and added it to allowed apps I'm no longer having this issue.

Thanks!
bookimp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.21, error 13, permissions