Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2024, 02:21 AM   #1
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Kobo Glo HD not connecting ti Win 11 PC

My Kobo Glo HD has stopped being detected by Calibre

The icon in the taskbar shows that it is connected as a USB device

File Explorer does not list the device at all.

The Kobo eReader itself is showing as Connected and Charging.

Even Kobo Desktop is no longer picking it up
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 02:25 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Have you tried other cables, another port?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2024, 02:45 AM   #3
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Have you tried other cables, another port?
Yes, it would not connect with the normal cable and port I use so I have tried two other cables and various ports both USB 2.0 and 3.0

I've also powered off and on the eReader.

I do not understand why it's showing as connected on the eReader and in the taskbar as eReader 4.38.21908, (which is the software version), but not in File Manager, Calibre, or Kobo Desktop.
Old 05-14-2024, 03:53 AM   #4
Chocky
Addict

I've looked up Disk Management and Device Manager
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DM 1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	208270   Click image for larger version

Name:	DM 2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	208271  
Old 05-14-2024, 06:02 AM   #5
Chocky
Addict

Just tried to my wife's Kobo to the PC, same problem

So it's the PC where something has changed.
Advert
Old 05-15-2024, 04:54 AM   #6
Chocky
Addict

I've uninstalled Bitdefender and both Kobo's still will not connect.

Any other suggestions to fix this would be very welcome.
Old 05-15-2024, 05:28 AM   #7
Chocky
Addict

Just checked it with my Win 11 Laptop and it connects OK

So it's something to do with my PC
Old 05-15-2024, 06:38 AM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
I've looked up Disk Management and Device Manager
I'm not Windows 11 guru, but that looks like a strange name for the driver? When I plug in my Clara 2E, I get a generic name (I think). What did the driver on the good PC look like? Maybe try removing the driver?

Hope you can tell by all the question marks that these are just guesses.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 10:37 AM   #9
Chocky
Addict

Just an update that it's a Klara HD not Glo HD

The Glo HD is my wife's but that's having the same problem anyway
Old 05-15-2024, 11:00 AM   #10
Chocky
Addict

I've now been told by Kobo support that my Clara HD is "too old" to connect to my PC
Old 05-15-2024, 11:07 AM   #11
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
I've now been told by Kobo support that my Clara HD is "too old" to connect to my PC
I seriously doubt that. My 13-year-old Kindles connect to my Windows 10 laptop just fine. Of course who knows what things have been disabled in Win 11 that worked in Win 10...
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 11:40 AM   #12
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I seriously doubt that. My 13-year-old Kindles connect to my Windows 10 laptop just fine. Of course who knows what things have been disabled in Win 11 that worked in Win 10...
It's rubbish as both the Clara HD and Glo HD connect to my Win 11 laptop.

I've now been told by Kobo support to use a flash drive to transfer my book to my laptop and use that.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:49 AM   #13
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's an MS problem, not a Kobo problem.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:07 PM   #14
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It's an MS problem, not a Kobo problem.
I think it's a bit of both as anything else I plug in via USB works, just not the eReader
Old 05-15-2024, 12:09 PM   #15
Chocky
Addict

What is really annoying is that Kobo support said doing a Factory Reset would sort it, and even though I knew it wouldn't, it'd just delete all my books which I could not then side load back on, I did it anyway.

So now I've got an empty Kobo that I can't load books onto