Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-15-2024, 12:15 PM   #1
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Help with using one drive as storage

Hi,

Seeing as I cannot now side load anything onto our Kobo eReaders using my PC I need to use my laptop.

I have changed the location of the library on my PC Calibre to my one drive, but when I try to change the location on my laptop to the one drive folder that I changed the PC to, I get a message saying that there is no Calibre library present at that location.

What am I doing wrong?
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:34 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
Hi,

Seeing as I cannot now side load anything onto our Kobo eReaders using my PC I need to use my laptop.

I have changed the location of the library on my PC Calibre to my one drive, but when I try to change the location on my laptop to the one drive folder that I changed the PC to, I get a message saying that there is no Calibre library present at that location.

What am I doing wrong?
Is there a metadata.db file in that location?

BTW, it's not a good idea to put your live library in OneDrive - there's a risk of data loss. Put a copy there, leave your active library on a local drive.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2024, 12:36 PM   #3
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

This?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OD 1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	208289  
Old 05-15-2024, 12:37 PM   #4
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Is there a metadata.db file in that location?

BTW, it's not a good idea to put your live library in OneDrive - there's a risk of data loss. Put a copy there, leave your active library on a local drive.
What is the best way of doing that?
Old 05-15-2024, 12:38 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What is the best way of doing that?
I use FreeFileSync, the mirror option (not two-way).
Advert
Old 05-15-2024, 12:39 PM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
This?
Yes, that's the database.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:49 PM   #7
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Or rClone on demand https://rclone.org/downloads/
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 01:58 PM   #8
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Ah OK, I use SyncToy for backup so I suppose I can just add another sync pairing.
Old 05-15-2024, 02:00 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Have you tried uninstalling the Challenger Software driver from your desktop?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 02:06 PM   #10
Chocky
Addict

I assume I should just be able to change the library location to one drive for the laptop?
Old 05-15-2024, 02:07 PM   #11
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Have you tried uninstalling the Challenger Software driver from your desktop?
I can't even find anything under Add/Remove Programs about Challenger Software
Old 05-15-2024, 02:18 PM   #12
Chocky
Addict

I'm getting ansty now.

I look at one drive on my PC and the content is totally different to the one drive on my laptop even though I'm signed in using the same email etc.
Old 05-15-2024, 02:27 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I assume I should just be able to change the library location to one drive for the laptop?
Placing a calibre library on OneDrive or any network/cloud storage is not recommended. See I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 02:31 PM   #14
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Placing a calibre library on OneDrive or any network/cloud storage is not recommended. See I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?.
All I'm trying to do is copy my calibre book folder to one drive, then copy the one drive content onto my laptop, but I'm getting two totally different sets of data under one drive for PC and laptop.

Driving me mad

And the metadata.db is shown as metadata only

And for some reason it's refusing to copy over the covers

Last edited by Chocky; 05-15-2024 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2024, 02:32 PM   #15
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
All I'm trying to do is copy my calibre book folder to one drive, then copy the one drive content onto my laptop, but I'm getting two totally different sets of data under one drive for PC and laptop.

Driving me mad
Is it possible you already had a calibre library in OneDrive from an earlier time?