Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-31-2019, 09:47 PM   #1
Epete98
Epete98 began at the beginning.

Device: surface pro
Question Common Expressions Strategies

Hello All,

Is there a common expression or strategy that will organize new adds to the basic title, author, publisher, date columns? I have over 3k books I've organized around 1k by hand, ensuring the columns are correct with date and it takes quite awhile. Is there a common accepted strategy for ensuring new book additions of various file names and structure make it to logical columns and saving the most time? Any input or pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Epete98; 01-31-2019 at 09:48 PM. Reason: looks bad
Epete98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:39 AM   #2
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
1- I have the name of the files with a fixed structure. Example: Author_Title_Date of publication_Genre_Nationality_Etc..epub
2- I have installed the GetFileName plugin.
3- I add the files.
4- I select them.
5- Open Modify metadata: Search and replace.
6- And I execute a search and replace for each metadata. (View image).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	169431  
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert