Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-06-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Kindle Doc vs Book

I am using a Kindle Voyage. When I use Calibre to send books (mobi, pdf, and azw3) to the Kindle over USB, they appear under "Docs." However, if I download them from Calibre's content server, they appear as "Books."

How can I classify them as "Books" when sending over USB.

p.s I tried removing the [PDOC] from the mobi files and this did not work.
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
The only time a book is classified as a doc for me is when I send it to my voyage using kindle email. Other wise if I download it using USB or use calibre to send it to my kindle over USB it has always shown up as a book.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2016, 04:50 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you set the selector on the library page to "All Items", you'll see both books and docs in a shared list, and it no longer matters (to me, at least) which is which.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote