Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 09:20 AM   #16
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I think editing the epub before conversion sounds like the best approach for this. Does that require learning Sigil, or is there a simpler, more basic editor for such minor edits that would be approachable to a newbie? And do I convert from zip to epub first, edit, then convert to mobi?. If you can advise the tools and basic approach I need, I can take further questions to another forum. I appreciate all your help. Thanks.
The zip file is just zipped up html. EPUB is basically zipped up html with the extension changed from zip to EPUB. I use UltraEdit, which is like Notepad, for most of my simple html edits, as I haven't bothered to install Sigil. Didn't Kovid post elsewhere that your problem is that this site has images in a table and MOBI has lousy table handling? If that's the case, you'll need to modify/remove the table before conversion.

Sigil, Dreamweaver, Notepad, UltraEdit, Microsuck Word or even using the recipe system with linearize_tables are all options. Whatever you're most familiar with is likely best for you.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote