Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 12-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
thewitt
Zealot
thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iBooks
Music cue between chapters?

I've been working on the audio book for The Watcher's Keep and one of the questions that has come up is with regards to a musical cue between chapters.

What do you guys think of these elements?

Interesting? Distracting? Hate it? Love it?
thewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Hate it!
Sorry to be so blunt, but for me I like the book to flow, no annoying distractions for chapter or new CD cues. Hate 'em!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Short pause. No music.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I don't mind music between chapters, but I don't see the point. I listened to a book set in the early 1900s that used music that's now in the public domain, and that was fine because the tunes were familiar, and therefore added to the sense of nostalgia. But that was one of the few where the music actually added to the mood.

What's really annoying is music from the original CD format at the beginning and end of each disk that has been included in the digital file--where it no longer makes any sense, and sometimes interrupts a chapter.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I dislike music in my audiobooks, even at just the start and end. Definitely don't want it between chapters.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #6
glos
Zealot
glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I really don't mind it if it's very brief, like, 5 seconds. It helps me breath where the author intended to, at the end of the chapter.
What I adore though is sound effects inside the book, like gunshots, cars on the street, screeching of the brakes, birds chirping, alarms going off, stuff like that, makes it more immersive.

Last edited by glos; 12-11-2014 at 02:32 PM.
glos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
I only want the voice, nothing else. Music between the chapters is probably the worse offender. It takes me right out of the story.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:22 PM   #8
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
They use music between discs or between sections, but between chapters? Doesn't work for me.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:47 PM   #9
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I dislike music in my audiobooks, even at just the start and end. Definitely don't want it between chapters.
This!
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mucis cue audiobook