Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 02-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
iTunes Audiobooks?

I was given an iTunes gift card, and I generally don't do iStuff. But I see that iTunes offers audiobooks, so I'm wondering about using the gift card that way. What do I need to do to get iTunes audiobooks onto my Sansa Clip Zip?

I'm seeing that the Clip Zip is compatible with iTunes music files, but I don't know if I can extrapolate from that that audiobook files will likewise be OK. Would appreciate any input. Thanks.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
iTunes audiobooks are only usable on iDevices and in iTunes unless one does some DRM removal as unlike iTunes music files audiobooks are encrypted.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
iTunes audiobooks are only usable on iDevices and in iTunes unless one does some DRM removal as unlike iTunes music files audiobooks are encrypted.
Thanks. What file format are the audiobooks in? Again, I'm seeing info about songs but not books.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:58 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Unless they've changed stuff since the last one I got, iTunes audiobooks are .m4b files, which are AAC files (Wikipedia) with bookmarking and chapters enabled.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Unless they've changed stuff since the last one I got, iTunes audiobooks are .m4b files, which are AAC files (Wikipedia) with bookmarking and chapters enabled.
Thanks. I guess I'll give it a try, since my aversion to wasting gift cards outweighs my aversion to iStuff!