Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-15-2021, 03:40 AM   #1
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: iPad
Are there any larger e-ink readers?

I am looking for an e-reader for ePUBs and PDFs.

In the past I used an iPad 14.9 as my e-reader and was reasonably happy with it - particularly for PDFs.

Now I 'm thinking maybe eInk is better for my eyes. - I don't mind gray scale, but I was shocked to see that all the standard devices (PaperWhite, etc) are tiny! Even the new Remarkable is pretty small (and more geared towards writing than reading).

Is there anything beyond 7, 8 or 9 inch for reading ePUBs and PDFs?

Thanks for suggestions!

Last edited by halloleo; 03-15-2021 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Typos
halloleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:48 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by halloleo View Post
The PocketBook Inkpad X is 10.3" but that's about where it tops out for a standard e-Ink eReader.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:02 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
There are still 10.3 and 13.3 inch devices:
10.3 inch from Boyue-Likebook, Onyx-Boox and Pocketbook.
13.3 inch from Onyx Boox.
Boyue-Likebook and Onyx-Boox devices are based on Android.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 09:55 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The large Sony (maybe now only old stock) are 10"+ and 13"+ but are really intended as electronic paper for offices. PDF only.

Above 7.8" and 8" the price and weight are issues. The Likebook Mars 7.8" is about €50 to €80 cheaper than the 8" Kobo Forma and has more features (SD, Audio, Android etc).
The Kobo Libra 7" might be best value compared to Amazon without Adverts. Much better than 6" ereaders unless width is an issue. Kobo is best for text annotation, collections, series and Calibre integration.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
There are still 10.3 and 13.3 inch devices:
10.3 inch from Boyue-Likebook, Onyx-Boox and Pocketbook.
13.3 inch from Onyx Boox.
Boyue-Likebook and Onyx-Boox devices are based on Android.
These are all covered in our wiki and a few more.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:28 PM   #6
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I am looking for an e-reader for ePUBs and PDFs.

In the past I used an iPad 14.9 as my e-reader and was reasonably happy with it - particularly for PDFs.

Now I 'm thinking maybe eInk is better for my eyes. - I don't mind gray scale, but I was shocked to see that all the standard devices (PaperWhite, etc) are tiny! Even the new Remarkable is pretty small (and more geared towards writing than reading).

Thanks for suggestions!
The only one I know of is the Onyx Boox Max, which is 13" and based on Android.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:36 AM   #7
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Thanks for all the answers! Cool.

I have to do some homework now! :-)
Old 03-20-2021, 06:59 PM   #8
halloleo
Groupie

Ok, surfed a bit around and I’d say the Onyx Boox Max Lumi is a pretty cool eInk option in the iPad Pro (13”) league.

Tags
e-ink reader, large displays