Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-28-2021, 10:50 PM   #1
aerotoad
aerotoad began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre's conversion tool without the clutter?

Hello, I do not know if this has been asked before here but since I cannot manage to find a reference to a question like this being asked before I'm starting a new thread just to check.

So right now I'm developing a new app that is required to have file conversion built in, for a series of different reasons the only way we can manage to do this reliably is by using the file conversion available with calibre command line tools but shipping the whole thing as part of the app adds ~300mb to the total size.
We can live with this if there is no other way to do it but I would like to know if there is a way to get from the calibre files, only the ones related to file conversion and command line tools and leave everything else out.

Thank you.
aerotoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 12:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isn't. Conversion uses pretty much every single DLL in the distribution, for instance conversion to PDF is actually done by rendering using Chromium (Qt WebEngine).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote