Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
pdgmtf
Edge User

Gallery VS Library

So I have copied some pictures from a flash drive into my library. They show up in my library fine, they have working thumbnails and can be viewed individually. However, when I go into the gallery, to view them in sequence or apply them as the wallpaper, only 3 pictures that were there before show up. I don't know if this is an actual issue or if it is just user error. I just want to be able to thumb through my pictures and perhaps even view them as a slide show.

Another small question I have is about viewing PDF web comics on the color screen. Is the only way to do this through the PDF to go program? I know that I can from the e reader side send each page to be displayed individually on the color side, but if I just wanted to read the e comic book easily like on the e reader side and in color, I can't figure it out.

I love the eDGe so very much, it has been incredible. These are just small issues that I could work around if needed, but I saw there was such an active community here it would be stupid for me not to ask.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
pdgmtf
Edge User

Cool, that actually makes a lot of sense. I guess I didnt really realize the distinction between the library and internal storage.
A follow up question to that is how I can create folders in the internal memory? If I wanted to separate for instance my picture files (copied from usb/sd slot) in different folders, or keep my color PDF's organized in different folders on the internal memory how could I do this? IF it isnt possible on the device, can it be done from a PC?

I guess if I want to view my PDF files some other way besides PDF-to-go, which I find hard to use if I'm just wanting to read some color e comics, or wanting a slideshow of some color PDF files; I have to download an Android App for that.

Thank you so much for the quick response, I'm still in love with my eDGe.

Advert
Old 07-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
cheyennedonna
Edge User

File managers, like ES or Astro will make the new directory/folder for you.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
morellij3179
Edge User

I use ACV (Android comic viewer) app to read my comics in color on the lcd. Works great and there is a thread with the coverted apk so its full screen.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
pdgmtf
Edge User

Does anyone have a link to that full screen APK? (Android Comic Viewer) I can't find the thread.

Another APK I am trying to find is either SmartAlarm that works on eDGe, or just any alarm that will let me pick the music or video file that is played, possibly increasing volume.

I am new to Android OS and thus its many different Apps, so please cut me some slack. I just want to wake up to my favorite scene in the Big Lebowski. I have the vid file.

Advert
Old 07-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Smart Alarm seems to rely on an accelerometer, which the edge does not have.http://blog.smart-alarm-clock.com/

Old 07-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
pdgmtf
Edge User

Ah, I see that now. I thought it worked off of the camera.

Still trying to find a good multimedia alarm though. I'll keep trying!

Thank you so much everyone!

Old 12-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
Shirlet17
Edge User

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how did you take the photos/images from your library and transfer them to your Gallery to view as slide show? I'm new to the android processes of my pocket edge and need all the help I can get. Thanks.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
borisb
Edge User

If I may, let me first ask if in fact you have the images in your library? If you tap the "Library" application, then "Images", and make sure it says "All Tags" to the left of the checkmark icon at the top of the screen, do you see them there?

Old 03-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #10
mark
Edge User

[QUOTE=pdgmtf;1580275]Cool, that actually makes a lot of sense. I guess I didnt really realize the distinction between the library and internal storage.

Hi
I didn't see the quick response. In my library images I have jpgs which show under all tags, but my gallery is empty. I also have music which doesn't show.
Thanks for any help

Old 03-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
borisb
Edge User

The Gallery and Music Player do not have access to Library files, so you'll need to copy those files to somewhere on Internal Storage or an SD card.

As a rule, don't add pictures, videos or music files to the Library unless you specifically need to link it to an eBook/PDF.