Notices

Old 12-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
Guiltyr1
Connoisseur
Guiltyr1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Padigital Novel
Kindle PW2 - thumbnail size

Hey Guys,

Trying to set-up my PW2 and I was wondering what is the biggest size thumbnail we can use for book covers. I am converting them through calibre and want to select the biggest size. Let me know - I have been unable to find this info. TIA..
Guiltyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyr1 View Post
Hey Guys,

Trying to set-up my PW2 and I was wondering what is the biggest size thumbnail we can use for book covers. I am converting them through calibre and want to select the biggest size. Let me know - I have been unable to find this info. TIA..
I don't remember what the max size is, but if you install the Resize Cover plugin for Calibre and use its default settings (450 x 680) you are good.

Last edited by GoSharks; 12-22-2013 at 05:49 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Hey Guys,

I use 1066x1600 so they will work on my Kindle Fire and Kindle Android App as they need large size covers for it to show up but they work fine on my other Kindles as well.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
Guiltyr1
Connoisseur
Guiltyr1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Padigital Novel
Thank you both. I will look into the plugin. Regarding the huge size thumbnail does it increase the book size by much?
Guiltyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Thank you both. I will look into the plugin. Regarding the huge size thumbnail does it increase the book size by much?
Remember to use the plugin to resize the cover before you convert...or reconvert after resizing.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert