Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-31-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
inkdork
inkdork began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Companion can't connect after update to Calibre 2.1

I simplified a bit for the sake of the title. In normal mode, I cannot connect the two since updating Calibre to v 2.1. Previously I had no issue connecting using a specified IP address and port number.

However, if I restart Calibre in debug mode, Companion connects immediately with no issues. I've emailed in my debug log from both Calibre and Companion. Any ideas here? The emails will be from Debra Wilson at a Gmail address.

I've tried rebooting my computer as well as my Nook HD but no change. I also tried a different port, as well as the default settings. Not sure what else to try here.

Its not something that has to be rushed on as I can technically connect, but it is a bit annoying to have to restart in debug mode to do it. Thanks in advance.
inkdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:59 PM   #2
inkdork
inkdork began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Just had a thought after posting. Problem is solved. When I updated to version 2.1, I realized it used the 32 bit installation files, not the 64 bit. I reinstalled 2.1 using the 64 bit files, and it works fine again!
inkdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2014, 02:28 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for the update. We are glad you got it working!
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote