Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-17-2019, 07:04 AM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Lightbulb New Update 2.1.1 is available (oficial BOOX Nova Pro V2.1.1(20190417))

New Update for BOOX Nova Pro V2.1.1(20190417)

Users of NOVA, Onyx can already download and install Official Update V2.1.1(20190417)
All the information, and the update to download it, you will find everything here:
https://www.boox.com/downloads/

User manual 2.1.* PDF
Update 2.1.* documentation can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qhh...50KiGmGEb/view

Spoiler:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Onyx BOOX Pro Update  2.1.1.png
Views:	1498
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	170753  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-17-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
New Update for BOOX Nova Pro V2.1.1(20190417)

Users of NOVA, Onyx can already download and install Official Update V2.1.1(20190417)
All the information, and the update to download it, you will find everything here:
https://www.boox.com/downloads/

User manual 2.1.* PDF
Update 2.1.* documentation can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qhh...50KiGmGEb/view

Thank you.

https://medium.com/@OnyxBoox/firmwar...cid3ywvqDttVvE

[EDIT] Does install even if already updated using switch to Chinese language.

Last edited by jscris; 04-17-2019 at 01:18 PM.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
triumph627
triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.triumph627 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Note Pro
Just saw that 2.1.1 is available to download on my Note Pro! Downloading right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triumph627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:42 PM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
I'm just updating to the international version of 2.1.1 as well. It will be interesting to see if there are any differences from the Chinese version of 2.1.1 which I have been using up until now.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:01 PM   #5
trence
Connoisseur
trence doesn't littertrence doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mars
Installed fine here. I was too hasty, and didn't see the full changelog, but it installed.
trence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2019, 03:49 PM   #6
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Will there be an update for the original, non-Pro Nova? Stay tuned!
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:03 PM   #7
bit101
Connoisseur
bit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Nova Pro
Worked great for me. I had one issue with the Chinese version 2.1 and 2.1.1 where the system status bar would appear whenever I opened a book, even though I had it set to not show. Opening and closing settings would make it go away. But that issue seems to be gone with the English 2.1.1.
bit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #8
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Will there be an update for the original, non-Pro Nova? Stay tuned!
Hope so because then there would likely be one for the non-Pro Note as well which would make me very happy.

I would also love to see an update for the Max1, but somehow I doubt that will happen. However, I would love to be proven wrong.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:48 AM   #9
MrE
MrE began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Pro
I like the changes so far, especially the possibility to embed highlights into a PDF rather than exporting to a new file. I'd like to figure out how to export higlights into a .txt, however, like the earlier firmware / NeoReader would do automatically.

EDIT: Apparently exporting highlights is not so difficult. From the TOC menu, click annotations, select your highlights and hit export, which generates a .txt in the "Notes" directory of your device.

Last edited by MrE; 04-18-2019 at 10:13 AM.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:03 AM   #10
rafail
Enthusiast
rafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolate

Device: Onyx Note
How about the version 2.1.1 for Note Pro installed on a simple Note?
Differences in storage, RAM, and lighting...

Last edited by rafail; 04-18-2019 at 10:09 AM.
rafail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:10 AM   #11
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafail View Post
How about the version 2.1.1 for Note Pro installed on a simple Note?
On their website, Onyx cautions against that sort of thing saying that, if you apply the wrong update to a given device, it might cause some serious problems to the device and that you then might have to send it back to Onyx for them to reinstall the proper firmware.

I'm hoping that the new update will eventually be released to the regular Note because there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference between it and the Pro except for the addition of the frontlight, extra storage capacity and extra RAM.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #12
rafail
Enthusiast
rafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolaterafail is generous with chocolate

Device: Onyx Note
We look forward to Onyx's fairness to their older or newer customers ...
However, it seems to me that the warning concerns significant differences (from 6” to 13”, e.g.). Discrepancies will undoubtedly be but I do not think very serious ...

Last edited by rafail; 04-18-2019 at 11:06 AM.
rafail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:54 PM   #13
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post

I'm hoping that the new update will eventually be released to the regular Note because there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference between it and the Pro except for the addition of the frontlight, extra storage capacity and extra RAM.

And the weight ?
Nova Pro 275g
Nova 240g
Why ? May be :
Nova : he has a screen Wacom screen? Or only "Capacitive touch"
Nova Pro : Capacitive touch+ Wacom screen for stylus ?

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-18-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #14
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafail View Post
Discrepancies will undoubtedly be but I do not think very serious ...
I, too, do not think that the differences would be all that substantial, which is why I suspect that they will eventually roll out the same or a very similar firmware update to the Note.

I will likely wait until they do so as I would not want to take the chance of bricking my Note, nor would I want to feel responsible for encouraging anyone else to do something which might brick their device.

However, if somebody else wants to experiment on their Note with the current 2.1.1 Pro update, I would be happy to read about their experience doing so.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:18 PM   #15
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
And the weight ?
Nova Pro 275g
Nova 240g
Why ? May be :
Nova : he has a screen Wacom screen? Or only "Capacitive touch"
Nova Pro : Capacitive touch+ Wacom screen for stylus ?
Yes, the Nova and the Nova Pro share some substantial differences.

i was talking about the Note and the Note Pro which seem to be more alike than they are different. They appear to be virtually the same device. However, because they are expensive I would not want to risk experimenting with my Note by attempting to install the Note Pro update on it.