Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 05-02-2021, 03:24 AM   #1
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
Question Left click to move forward

Hi!
I like the Ebook viewer and the way we can customize its interface.
Is it also possible to change the way I move forward? The current control is the "space" key on the keyboard but I'd like to control it with the mouse (by left clicking on the page).

Thanks for this great program and keep up the good work!

Last edited by Huyggy; 05-02-2021 at 03:30 AM.
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:12 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can left click in the margins to move forward or use the scroll wheel on the mouse.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2021, 04:13 AM   #3
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

I didn't know for the margins, thank you!
Any possibility to take advantage of the left click on the whole page though? It's not use for any function so it could be an interesting option IMO.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:23 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

left clicks on the page are how you following hyperlinks.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:58 AM   #5
Huyggy
Zealot

Ah ok! But if there are no links, left clicking does nothing. It could be interesting to take advantage of this not-used function then.
Advert
Old 05-03-2021, 04:59 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I am not a fan of having the same action do different things based on whatever is under at the moment. That behavior on th ekindles would drive me nuts when I would tap expecting the page to change and hit a link instead jumping me somewhere else.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:58 AM   #7
Huyggy
Zealot

Maybe because I don't read a lot of book with links inside, that's why...
By the way, it's already the behavior for some ebook viewer (My Boox max 3 viewer behaves like this for ex.)
I think it's especially of interest for touch screen PC.
Maybe we could create a poll to see whether this function would be of interest for other?

Tags
control, ebook viewer, left click, mouse