Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2021, 01:49 AM   #1
urbos
urbos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
PW 3 'needs repair'

Hi,
I know this problem, solved on a few devices, but now I can not.

After reset kindels 'blue screen' "Your Kindle Needs Repair' appear all the time.
I'm not able to copy 'DO_FACTORY_RESTORE'. When I plug USB to my PC it is mounted (sound, and system can see the drive for ~10s) but when I try to copy file 'the device is not ready'. I wrote bach that tries to copy it over and over again, but doesn't work.

So I decided to but the battery out, wait for some time (few days), put it back. Then I charged it. But nothing changed.

I'm not an expert and run out of ideas.
Anybody?
urbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 04:35 AM   #2
urbos

Maybe few other infos:
- i broke it unplugging without 'safety remove' option (the Kindle reseted itself and 'repair' screen appeared)
- i fix it (for a while) with DO_FACTORY_RESET. It works for day or two
- i went down again, and is not recognized by PC anymore. Of course i tried different cables, computers etc.
Advert
Old 06-18-2021, 04:46 AM   #3
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
What error code?
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:03 AM   #4
urbos

Don't know, nothing shown on the screen.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bzi...ew?usp=sharing
Old 06-18-2021, 05:04 AM   #5
urbos

(doubled)
Advert
Old 06-18-2021, 09:16 AM   #6
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
It's best to connect to the serial port and see what happens.
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:02 AM   #7
urbos

I'm afraid that it is too hard for me . (have no tools for that).

Thanks for help, I'll ask in neighbourhood, maybe one of my friend has better 'know how' than me.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:37 AM   #8
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Have you tried contacting Amazon customer support for web chat. That is what you're being told to do on the screen.

I've never seen a kindle like that, what generation is it? It may just be time to invest in a 'new' one, even if it's a barely used one from ebay. I bought a PW3 for £60 from ebay, and it's fine.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:04 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Have you tried contacting Amazon customer support for web chat. That is what you're being told to do on the screen.

I've never seen a kindle like that, what generation is it? It may just be time to invest in a 'new' one, even if it's a barely used one from ebay. I bought a PW3 for £60 from ebay, and it's fine.
You got lucky with eBay that you did not get a blacklisted Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 02:45 AM   #10
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You got lucky with eBay that you did not get a blacklisted Kindle.
I chose the particular seller because he was offering a 30 day refund, so I knew it would be more or less safe to purchase.
The bezel was a bit scratched (described on ebay) but apart from that it's fine. I keep it on one of those cases that covers the bezel, made by Finitie.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote